Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Price Pfister Faucet
    Neighbor has been buy Price PFister kitchen faucets with a lot of problems. This is the third faucet. Dripping faucet. Replaced both hot and cold cartridges. Still leaks. There must be a better brand in the market place than Price Pfister. Spend about $300.00 on faucets so far
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Mar 3, 2013, 12:28 PM
    I had a lot of problems with Price Pfister faucets, Moen is is pretty much trouble free and at a reasonable price. If you do have a problem, changing the cartiage will usually solve problem. Delta is also good but a little more difficult to repair. At a higher price Kohler and Grohe are also very good.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 12:47 PM
    I agree with puffmugs. Price Phister is no where near the quality of MOEN. IF you want a good quality faucet, with the most bang for your buck, not to mention a true lifetime warranty, go With a MOEN. Also, American Standard, Delta, and Kohler are great products, but for ease of repair and warranty, I still would go MOEN.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the advice
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 07:49 PM
    Sorry to hear your neighbor is having problems with Price Pfister faucets. I have been installing PP faucets for over 35 years and I swear by them.

I think your neighbor has "dirty" water - meaning, water with sand in it. Sand gets between seals / discs and prevents faucet from making positive seal. This will happen with every model, regardless of the brand.

Question: are you on well or City water supply ? Does he have galvanized pipes ? Old rusty hot water heater ?

Agree, MOEN's Lifetime warranty is very appealing. However, today, just about every major manufacturer is copying warranty offer of its competition. If you call PP, they will gladly send you new faucet free of charge as well. Same goes with Delta, American Standard, and Kohler. Tool free number is printed on the box.

Hope that helps...

Back to you. Milo
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    Sorry to hear your neighbor is having problems with Price Pfister faucets. I have been installing PP faucets for over 35 years and I swear by them.

I think your neighbor has "dirty" water - meaning, water with sand in it. Sand gets between seals / discs and prevents faucet from making positive seal. This will happen with every model, regardless of the brand.

Question: are you on well or City water supply ? Does he have galvanized pipes ? Old rusty hot water heater ?

Agree, MOEN's Lifetime warranty is very appealing. However, today, just about every major manufacturer is copying warranty offer of its competition. If you call PP, they will gladly send you new faucet free of charge as well. Same goes with Delta, American Standard, and Kohler. Tool free number is printed on the box.

Hope that helps....

Back to you. Milo
    Price Pfister just charges for shipping. Mine was $7.95. Not bad at all!
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 05:57 AM
    This is the third Price Pfister faucet. They lasted 3 years. City water comes thought a water filter before it gets to the faucet. Price Pfister has replaced free of charge all the faucets.
    They are good is that aspect
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2013, 07:52 AM
    The handyman fixed it. I put in two brand new cartridges cold and hot. It still dripped.
    He came and did something. Now it works. Live and learn
    PricePfister10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Keep our email handy in case you ever need it. Glad the handyman was able to help though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Price Pfister 49 Series - Faucet seems stripped [ 5 Answers ]

I have Price Pfister 49 series in the bathroom and the cold water faucet handle seems stripped. Even after the water is turned off I can continue turning the handle 180 degrees. The top of the plastic valve body doesn't seem stripped so not sure what else in the valve body could be wrong. I...

Price Pfister Clairmont faucet leak [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, we have been trying to install this all day, the quick connect leaks. I saw on another forum here how to disconnect it. When I disconnected it, there was a small rubber washer inserted vertically into the connection. I took it out and reconnected, it still leaks. There is nowhere on the...

Price Pfister 26 Series Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I recently intalled a Price Pfister 26 series kitchen faucet. The faucet seems to work correctly, except that the flow out the faucet is low. Also, the flow from the spray nozzle is greater than from the faucet. I have checked the system pressure to be 40 to 50 psi, so I know that is not the...

Price Pfister faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open... say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying. Please help! Jerry Triggs

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

View more questions Search