Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Price Pfister Faucet (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=737185)

• Mar 3, 2013, 12:20 PM
    pastor1189
    Price Pfister Faucet
    Neighbor has been buy Price PFister kitchen faucets with a lot of problems. This is the third faucet. Dripping faucet. Replaced both hot and cold cartridges. Still leaks. There must be a better brand in the market place than Price Pfister. Spend about $300.00 on faucets so far
  • Mar 3, 2013, 12:28 PM
    puffmugs
    I had a lot of problems with Price Pfister faucets, Moen is is pretty much trouble free and at a reasonable price. If you do have a problem, changing the cartiage will usually solve problem. Delta is also good but a little more difficult to repair. At a higher price Kohler and Grohe are also very good.
  • Mar 3, 2013, 12:47 PM
    mygirlsdad77
    I agree with puffmugs. Price Phister is no where near the quality of MOEN. IF you want a good quality faucet, with the most bang for your buck, not to mention a true lifetime warranty, go With a MOEN. Also, American Standard, Delta, and Kohler are great products, but for ease of repair and warranty, I still would go MOEN.
  • Mar 3, 2013, 01:07 PM
    pastor1189
    Thanks for the advice
  • Mar 3, 2013, 07:49 PM
    Milo Dolezal
    Sorry to hear your neighbor is having problems with Price Pfister faucets. I have been installing PP faucets for over 35 years and I swear by them.

I think your neighbor has "dirty" water - meaning, water with sand in it. Sand gets between seals / discs and prevents faucet from making positive seal. This will happen with every model, regardless of the brand.

Question: are you on well or City water supply ? Does he have galvanized pipes ? Old rusty hot water heater ?

Agree, MOEN's Lifetime warranty is very appealing. However, today, just about every major manufacturer is copying warranty offer of its competition. If you call PP, they will gladly send you new faucet free of charge as well. Same goes with Delta, American Standard, and Kohler. Tool free number is printed on the box.

Hope that helps...

Back to you. Milo
  • Mar 3, 2013, 10:17 PM
    teacherjenn4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    Sorry to hear your neighbor is having problems with Price Pfister faucets. I have been installing PP faucets for over 35 years and I swear by them.

I think your neighbor has "dirty" water - meaning, water with sand in it. Sand gets between seals / discs and prevents faucet from making positive seal. This will happen with every model, regardless of the brand.

Question: are you on well or City water supply ? Does he have galvanized pipes ? Old rusty hot water heater ?

Agree, MOEN's Lifetime warranty is very appealing. However, today, just about every major manufacturer is copying warranty offer of its competition. If you call PP, they will gladly send you new faucet free of charge as well. Same goes with Delta, American Standard, and Kohler. Tool free number is printed on the box.

Hope that helps....

Back to you. Milo

Price Pfister just charges for shipping. Mine was $7.95. Not bad at all!
  • Mar 4, 2013, 05:57 AM
    pastor1189
    This is the third Price Pfister faucet. They lasted 3 years. City water comes thought a water filter before it gets to the faucet. Price Pfister has replaced free of charge all the faucets.
    They are good is that aspect
  • Mar 15, 2013, 07:52 AM
    pastor1189
    The handyman fixed it. I put in two brand new cartridges cold and hot. It still dripped.
    He came and did something. Now it works. Live and learn
  • Mar 15, 2013, 07:54 AM
    PricePfister10
    Keep our email handy in case you ever need it. Glad the handyman was able to help though!