Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adventure_4us Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Furnace Cool-Down Switch Question
    I have a 22 year old Tempstar furnace model NUGG100EA02. The furnace works well. Recently I noticed that the cool-down cycle comes on a second time about 3 minutes after the main cool-down cycle. Is this acceptable normal operation or does the cool-down heat limiter switch need to be adjusted or replaced. Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2013, 11:47 AM
    It doesn't really hurt. It means that the off temp may be set too close to the on temp and it heat soaks the relay and kicks off again. Try moving the off temp down a bit or the on temp up a bit. Mine used to do that until I split the set points a bit more.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2013, 02:57 PM
    In case you do not know what the switch looks like here it is: You can see the sliding adjustments on the wheel. There are 3 of them: the one at bottom left is the fan off switch, next is the fan on switch, and the last one (at top) is the hi-limit and is non-adjustable.
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Also check your furnace air filter. If it is restricted it could cause the same sort of problem and over heating. Short cycling can also occur. Furnace on and off more often than usual but shorter run cycles due to over heating.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Very good point because the sliding adjustments almost never need adjusting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Furnace Pressure Switch Question [ 3 Answers ]

I need a user manual for a Carrier Weathermaker model 58sxc060-GG. I need to find the p/n for the pressure switch that I theorize is faulty. The reason that I suspect a faulty pressure switch is because I have to babysit the ignition process during the first start of the furnace and the pressure...

Heat/ cool switch on furnace [ 0 Answers ]

On heat furnace works fine heating. On cool outside unit and furnace blower run continuous. Have to turn heat/cool switch to heat to stop a/c.The thermostat was recently replaced.

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

From an Email: ''Dear asklabman, I am a first time house ownere & having an issue with my Honeywell T8112 Programmable Thermostat. Thermostat has two switches for the fan - AUTO FAN & FAN ON switches and three switches for thes system, COOL, HEAT & System OFF modes. Yesterday we turned ON...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Gurus, I am a new house owner & not used to thermostats. We have Honeywell 8112D thermostat. We recently turned ON our Fan switch (in the thermostat). Now the fan is not turning off. It is continuously running even when the system is in OFF & Fan is in AUTO mode. We tried reducing the...

Furnace will not switch from heat to cool [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace operates fine, until I switch from heat to cool. When I switch it willnot do anythig and I have to call out a reapirman. My house was under warranty and I thought the problem was resolved, but it wasn't . What are some thins I can look at?

View more questions Search