Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJS333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 04:24 PM
    Carrier Furnace Pressure Switch Question
    I need a user manual for a Carrier Weathermaker model 58sxc060-GG. I need to find the p/n for the pressure switch that I theorize is faulty. The reason that I suspect a faulty pressure switch is because I have to babysit the ignition process during the first start of the furnace and the pressure switch sometimes requires a little gentle prodding in order to actuate and allow the continued flow of gas to the burners(after the first start of the day it works fine without any further prodding). The unit is from 1992 and I have a digital set back thermostat; however, I have been manually controlling the furnace since I discerned the was a problem.

Any ideas Mr. hvac1000??

Here are some replacements that I found but nothing definitive?
    http://allpartsgrills.com/productCat102536.ctlg
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Check the pressure switch hoses for cracks , pin holes or just loose on the ends.
    AJS333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 07:55 PM
    Dad of 3,
    Thank you for the suggestion. That may just be what the problem is because it still periodically will give me grief upon start-up attempt and a little jiggling of the hoses seems to be all that it takes to help it sense or achieve the proper negative pressure within the burn box. I will attempt to cut off the ends of the hoses if possible or find new replacement hose. Do you know the proper size off hand? Would it be suitable to just use automotive vacuum line?
    Thanks again,
    AJS
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AJS333 View Post
    Dad of 3,
    Thank you for the suggestion. That may just be what the problem is because it still periodically will give me grief upon start-up attempt and a little jiggling of the hoses seems to be all that it takes to help it sense or achieve the proper negative pressure within the burn box. I will attempt to cut off the ends of the hoses if possible or find new replacement hose. Do you know the proper size off hand? Would it be suitable to just use automotive vacuum line?
    Thanks again,
    AJS
    I believe the vacuum hose will be fine. I do not know the size for sure possibly 1/4 inch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace, Pressure Switch Problems (Model 58MCA) CODE 31 [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried almost everything in my arsenal to try and diagnose the problem. First off I have a Carrier Gas Furnace that is almost 7 years old. Model 58MCA-80 (See attached photo for more information), with pressure switch #HK06NB123. Intermittently I get a Red Flashing Code #31 when the unit...

Carrier furnace: limit switch fault furnace has ignition but blower will not come on? [ 2 Answers ]

Board says it is a limit switch fault Furace goes into pre ignition, fan comes on and sometimes even the main burner ignites, but the blower will not come on... is this the blower motor or could this be a switch somewhere?

Low pressure switch are carrier heat pump [ 0 Answers ]

Well a low pressure switch.. turn off the a Carrier Heat Pump... if the pressure is too low, preventing the Fan to start?

Pressure switch not closing on carrier weathermaker 8000? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a weathermaker 8000 (carrier)... a few nights ago, I noticed that it was blowing cold air... went down, looked at the furnace, and found that the gas wasn't lighting (so no heat). A little further looking and I found the exhaust pipe had broken off--one section had caved in/fallen apart. I...

Carrier Pressure Switch [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 8000 furnace. The furnace will run fine for days or even weeks at a time, and then the code comes on that the pressure switch is stuck open. I can flip the breaker off then back on again and the furnace will work fine for awhile, and then start giving the same code. Any help would...

View more questions Search