Ask
    Jac jug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2015, 02:38 AM
    Wisling fluidmaster valve
    How do I cure the wistling noise post flushing the toilet
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2015, 06:13 AM
    Did you make sure your water supply valve is fully open? Have you done any work to the toilet recently? How long have you had the noise when you flush? If your supply valve behind the sink is fully open, try flushing the fill valve,

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...177EC847A6DE7D

Let me know if that works for you. If not, you may have to replace the fill valve. It's cheap, and easy.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2015, 11:41 AM
    Hello Jac Jug,

Please answer Talaniman question, may be you have debris inside the fill valve it needs to be flushed, Thanks.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 11, 2015, 01:41 PM
    Agree with above posts: remove Fluidmaster head and clean under running water. Reinstall. Also, Close and fully Open angle stop under the toilet. See if that helps

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2015, 03:30 PM
    Here is how to flush the debris out of the fill valve, see the images, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fluidmaster fill valve is whistling [ 1 Answers ]

Whistling continues after multiple removals and system flushes. Whistling started after seal replacement (curing a valve not closing problem). Any suggestions.

I like others I have a screeching Fluidmaster valve. [ 1 Answers ]

Due to the valve not filling correctly, I replaced the whole cap and after a day it started screeching as others have indicated. I re-flushed the new body, removed diaphragm and cleaned it all out thoroughly (although no debris was in evidence) , all to no avail. Wonder what else may be the...

Screeching Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve [ 8 Answers ]

Hi About 8 months ago I fitted Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve to my toilet cistern. It has recently started to make a (loud) screeching noise at the start of the flush. Any thoughts on cause and cure. Cheers David:)

Fluidmaster toilet fill valve 200 ax water level [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a fluidmaster 200ax and lost the installation instructions, can't find them anywhere on the web, I got everything set up, all that is troubling me is adjusting water level, funny the box says "easy water leveling" but I can't find how to make it stop filling.

Fluidmaster 400 fill valve seals [ 4 Answers ]

Do any of you guys ever see the fill valve seals for the Fluidmaster 400 ballcock. I can't find them in my area and I need a half dozen or so.

View more questions Search