Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovecars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 12:50 PM
    I like others I have a screeching Fluidmaster valve.
    Due to the valve not filling correctly, I replaced the whole cap and after a day it started screeching as others have indicated. I re-flushed the new body, removed diaphragm and cleaned it all out thoroughly (although no debris was in evidence) , all to no avail. Wonder what else may be the problem? Any advice be good, as I have tried to fix the ladies room toilet at our condo pool, and am unsuccessful.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 05:46 AM
    Hi Lovecars...

If you have replaced the parts then you may need to shut off the water supply to the toilet and remove the toilet supply tubing and direct it into a bucket as you turn the water supply back on to see if the screeching is at the shut off valve to the toilet.

If the screeching is present whne you turn the shut off back on then you will need to change out the shut off valve. If the screeching isn't present then you may need to disassemble the toilet fill valve again and FLUSH the mechanism with the parts out... see if that improves things.

If that fails to resolve the issue then replace the entire fill valve and be done with this 100%... easy job overall.

Questions? Let me know, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screeching Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve [ 8 Answers ]

Hi About 8 months ago I fitted Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve to my toilet cistern. It has recently started to make a (loud) screeching noise at the start of the flush. Any thoughts on cause and cure. Cheers David:)

Fluidmaster toilet fill valve 200 ax water level [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a fluidmaster 200ax and lost the installation instructions, can't find them anywhere on the web, I got everything set up, all that is troubling me is adjusting water level, funny the box says "easy water leveling" but I can't find how to make it stop filling.

No water coming to toilet from wall. Fluidmaster okay. [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, irrigation repair man turned off water to home. Afterwards, upstairs toilet would not fill with water. Detached metal flex tube to tank and turned on water @the wall. Still, no water came out. Sinks and shower working fine in that bathroom.

Fluidmaster 400 fill valve seals [ 4 Answers ]

Do any of you guys ever see the fill valve seals for the Fluidmaster 400 ballcock. I can't find them in my area and I need a half dozen or so.

Replacing fluidmaster 400 series [ 7 Answers ]

I work in apartment maintenance and have discovered a shortcut, but I want to make sure its not going to cause problems in the future. When replacing a fluidmaster fill valve, is it OK to remove it at the height adjustment ring, rather than removing the whole thing? It's not so much to be lazy, a...

View more questions Search