Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dswaff1962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Fluidmaster 400C leaking
    I've installed a new Fluidmaster 400C fill valve that is working, but now I've got a small leak. The water in the tank drips just a little bit, which didn't used to happen, and the fill valve makes a quiet humming sound when it doesn't need to, like it wants to work even when it hasn't been flushed. I've shut off the water valve to avoid having standing water after a while. Many thanks for your help~!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Where is the leak?

Where tank is full, is water 1/2'' below overflow pipe?

After installing the fill valve did you clear it of debris according to install instructions?

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400C fill valve installed but toilet is running [ 13 Answers ]

Hello. I recently installed a Fluidmaster 400C valve into my toilet. The toilet will periodically run or sound as if it is filling with water. I have tried adjusting the fill valve and the float cup but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone provide me with any insight as to how to stop...

Toilet leaking through bolts after installing Fluidmaster repair kit [ 7 Answers ]

I bought the FluidMaster toiler repair kit and replaced all my toilets in the house. 2 of them are okay but two are leaking a drop once in a while through the bolt. I did follow the bolt installation instructions. Also tried to tighten it more but no luck. Any idea how to fix this? Is there...

I like others I have a screeching Fluidmaster valve. [ 1 Answers ]

Due to the valve not filling correctly, I replaced the whole cap and after a day it started screeching as others have indicated. I re-flushed the new body, removed diaphragm and cleaned it all out thoroughly (although no debris was in evidence) , all to no avail. Wonder what else may be the...

Replacing fluidmaster 400 series [ 7 Answers ]

I work in apartment maintenance and have discovered a shortcut, but I want to make sure its not going to cause problems in the future. When replacing a fluidmaster fill valve, is it OK to remove it at the height adjustment ring, rather than removing the whole thing? It's not so much to be lazy, a...

Compaq evo 400c [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop compaq evo 400c trying to to instill new windos boot won't find usb cd rom it dose have a cd rom have to used a usb rom can any one help me

View more questions Search