Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    engineerane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Vent pipe sizing in plumbing
    Dear member,

Please advise me with vent pipe sizing for different plumbing services.

Regards
    engineerane
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 01:11 AM
    One site that might have some helpful information for concerning this would be the following site. Drainage sizing and more about plumbing

The following search is also something that you might want to try.

Plumbing Vent Pipe Size - Google Search
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 18, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Clough has a great site there that should help with any questions you have.

A quick list is as follows:

Toilet... 3 or 4" waste, 2"vent
    Tub... 1.5" waste, 1.5" vent
    Shower... 2" waste, 1.5" vent
    Kitchen sink... 1.5" waste, 1.5" vent (although most of us are now running 2" waste to kitchen sink).
    Bathroom sink... 1.5" waste to kitchen sink).
    bathroom sink...1.5" vent
    Washing machine... 2" vent
    washing machine...2" vent
    Floor drain... 2" vent
    Floor drain...2" vent

As a minimum, can actually run 1.25" pipe for kitchen sink and bathroom sink vents, etc... but it is never done in the field because just means buying extra fittings and pipes you just don't need.

Can also run a wet vent for entire bathroom if waste is piped correctly... that wet vent needs to be 2" vent

As a minimum, can actually run 1.25" or larger vent pipe in the house.

Check out clough's links.. good pics. (some outdated info. Here, too.. but generally very good info.).

Hope that helps a little more... ;) Have good day... MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Plumbing Vent, should there be a visible pipe? [ 9 Answers ]

We recently had a half bath installed on the first floor of our home. For a variety of reasons, we asked that the vent be put through the exterior wall as opposed to going up through 3 floors and through a slate roof. My question: our contractor says that the vent is there, but all I see is a...

Copper pipe sizing [ 2 Answers ]

Iam installing a new shower, I have 3/4" pipe thru to the temp control valve, which is 3/4" in 3/4" out to 3 on/off 3/4 " valves, 1 for rain head, 1 for hand held, and 1 for 3 body sprays. Question should I run 3/4" pipe to each ? as they are 1/2" fittings. My thought was to run the 3/4" to only...

Plumbing (stink) vent pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - How much does it cost to replace the plumbing vent pipe (or stink pipe)? I noticed the wall behind the toilet started to crumble. So, while knocking out some of the wall I noticed near the floor a large hole was in the plumbing vent. I heard they can cut the bad part and boot the new part. ...

Pipe sizing [ 3 Answers ]

I, would like to calculate waterflow through various pipe sizes at a certain pressure. Is there a formula or can you help me with a table?

Pipe sizing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I have a unit to install the run is about ten feet long from evaporator to condenser how can I size the pipe

View more questions Search