Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gerald Luckay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Pipe sizing
    I, would like to calculate waterflow through various pipe sizes at a certain pressure. Is there a formula or can you help me with a table?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 11, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Name the pipe sizes and the pressure. Also the length of the run so pipe resistance can be factored in. Will elevation( head pressure) enter into the equasion? Why ar you asking for this information?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Name the pipe sizes and the pressure. Also the length of the run so pipe resistance can be factored in. Will elevation( head pressure) enter into the equasion? Why ar you asking for this information?
    Don't forget to mention friction loss for every 90 degree change of direction.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 11, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Thanks growler but the friction loss has already been addressed when I asked for the length of the rum so I could calculate loss due to pipe resistance. I should also have asked for the fitting configuration. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Conductor sizing? [ 5 Answers ]

TK, Cobraguy, Labman, KISS Okay, I now have a nine volume set of current books ranging from simple wiring to the NEC. I also sound some U.S. Navy BPARS manuals and theoretical engineering books from when I went to Internal Corporate electrical schools. Not to mmention product specific...

Conduit sizing [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 conductor tray cable , 3 number two and one # 6 bare ground in a jacketed tray cable, would 1 1/2 rigid conduit be suficient for this application, it runs about 200 ft

Pipe sizing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I have a unit to install the run is about ten feet long from evaporator to condenser how can I size the pipe

Sizing pipe for natural gas and fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, I've got a couple of question concerning a Goodman Furnace GPG13: 1. This furnace is rated at 138,000 BTU. My gas meter is a 2 pound system. The furnace is about 20 feet away from the meter. Currently I've got 1/2" pipe connected to it. Is this right? Or should I use 3/4" pipe? How do...

View more questions Search