Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkrosesmell Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2010, 01:49 PM
    Middle school tips
    Well I had a hard time in grammar school. And all the people that I dislike and were liked drama are going to my middle school . Now what? What should I askept , what should I do? Eny tips of middle school in general.thank you very much.

Ps.whst if they talk about me behind my back??
    PLEASE WRITE BAKE ASAP
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 03:07 PM

There are going to be so many changes in Middle School you may not even have to deal with them.

Were you bullied by any of these kids?

If they talk behind your back, and spread rumors or something of that nature that is bullying.

In most states there are laws against it.

They'll probably move on to someone new in High School to talk about.

Don't be afraid to speak up for yourself and tell them to leave you alone. Do this in front of a teacher.

Don't be afraid to talk to the principal. He can stop it and they will never know who told him... that is your right and he has to let you remain anonymous.

Always have materials you need for each class. i.e. calculator, pens , papers.

Always be respectable too your teachers. Use a pleasant voice and keep eye contact.

Try not to be tardy. Have your homework and make it neat.

Dress appropriately. It doesn't matter if you don't wear designer jeans or carry a $500 purse, it's the person you are that tells who you are.

Read your School Handbook and know ALL the zero tolerance rules.

Be kind and never pick on someone who isn't popular or who isn't as fortunate as you.

If those mean kids start, ignore and walk away . If they keep it up do as I told you. It's not tattle telling when it's something interfering with your ability to learn.

Don't carry a cell phone unless it's allowed and keep it turned off.

Hope you have a good year
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 01:17 PM

I also wanted to add this.

If you live in the US, forty-seven states have anti-bullying laws.

Bullying is when someone puts their hands on you in order to inflict pain.

Calling you names or spreading rumors.

Making it impossible for you to concentrate on studying.

Saying inappropriate things about you such as name calling or anything about your appearance.

Bullies run in groups of two or three because they are afraid to attempt it on their own.

Cyber bullying is also against the law... Cyber bullying is sending pictures or ugly text messages by cell phone or computer.

Stand up straight and tall and be proud of yourself.

You can tell your parents or a teacher. The days of it being not cool to tell are over.

Document what was said. Keep any emails or text messages they may send. Show them to your parents.

If it starts again this year... tell someone and you may be helping someone else.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jul 23, 2010, 03:41 PM

The best thing to do is to ignore them. If they pick on you, stand up for yourself. It shouldn't matter if they talk behind your back. There are always going to be people in your life that you aren't going to like and people that don't like you. No one is liked by everyone regardless of how nice they are. It's just something you have to accept, expect, and not worry too much about. Besides, you can make new friends in a new school.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 03:46 PM

Ignore them. Just excel at what you do, enjoy what you do, and ignore them.

If you don't pay attention to them, they'll give up. It's no fun bullying someone that doesn't respond.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    The best thing to do is to ignore them. If they pick on you, stand up for yourself. It shouldn't matter if they talk behind your back. There are always going to be people in your life that you aren't going to like and people that don't like you. No one is liked by everyone regardless of how nice they are. It's just something you have to accept, expect, and not worry to much about. Besides, you can make new friends in a new school.
    I believe also in standing up for yourself, but now in schools there is ZERO TOLERANCE. If she gets into an altercation with these girls and it becomes physical she can be suspended or have ISS or expulsion. The recent events in schools have made it possible for kids to tell.

The Bullying laws are quite clear and that is , bullying is a crime. Any form or fashion it is a crime. Now kids can go to school and not be frightened of being beaten up or worse. Telling is not wrong.
    ilmbfh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 07:13 PM
    U should jjust ignore them and have a good time
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmbfh View Post
    u should jjust ignore them and have a good time
    Study... try to excel and remember... telling is okay. Have a great year.:)
    pinkrosesmell Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Thank you all :)
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrosesmell View Post
    thank you all :)
    You will be fine. Remember the rules about bullying and it's okay to tell.
    They're probably jealous of you because you are smart. Be good and keep us posted.
    Kourtney12345 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Well I really need tips too.I am very scared that I'm going to be punched or assaulted.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourtney12345 View Post
    Well i really need tips too.i am very scared that im gonna be punched or assaulted.
    Just read the tips I gave the other OP and you should be fine. Check your handbook and do what the teachers say.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 07:31 PM

Harassment, intimidation or bullying can take many forms including: slurs, rumors, jokes, innuendo's, demeaning comments, drawing cartoons, pranks, gestures, physical attacks, threats, or other written, oral or physical actions refers to the individual's choice to engage in the act rather than the ultimate impact of the action

Hope this helps a little more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle School Tips? [ 11 Answers ]

I need middle school avice. Like hoow much home work , and how long are classes, how long do you get to get to go from class to class. It is a one grade school.

What are some tips I could use for middle school? Please help! [ 11 Answers ]

I about to start middle school and really scared and don't know what to expect. I hope you can help!

I Need tips on Middle school [ 11 Answers ]

I NEED tips on middle school. I have no older siblings and I just moved to a new school and the elementerary school already let out for the summer. Help!:confused:

Middle School Tips [ 5 Answers ]

I'm going into middle school this year and I'll admit, I'm a little nervous :o and have no idea what it's like:confused: . So I was just wondering if anyone had any tips!:D Thanks! :)

View more questions Search