Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DPanda101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I Need tips on Middle school
    I NEED tips on middle school. I have no older siblings and I just moved to a new school and the elementerary school already let out for the summer. Help!:confused:
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

May 28, 2008, 06:15 PM
    What type of tips? Making new friends?
    evicky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Hey you know what I am also starting Middle School soon to and school is letting out in 2 days and then in 2 months will be n the 6th grade.
    I also just asked a question like that I the answer that I got was that you shouldn't worry about it as long as you focus on your grades Middle School will be a snap.
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jun 3, 2008, 06:50 PM
    I'm a 7th grade history teacher (in our school system 7th grade is the first grade in middle school) and I've taught hundreds of students that had the same question. So here's my Middle School survival tips:

Don't get caught up in the drama. Everybody's got "drama" in the middle school, but I garentee you that in 5 years, 2 years even, it won't matter. So its not worth losing sleep over

You will regret not doing your homework/school work later so do it when its assigned and save yourself some grief

Don't try to take shortcuts, because they have the word "cut" in them for a reason. That means you "cut" something out to get their faster. The thing you "cut" will be the thing you need later down the road.

Get involved. Find something that interests you and get involved. Whether that be a sport, a club, or just a group of people with the same interests. It's fun and meaningful to be a part of something bigger than just you

Give 100 percent. Put your full effort into everything you do. Not only will you get a good grade (if its an assignment), but you'll feel better about yourself and proud of the work you did.

Be nice!! Even the nicest people can turn into jerks during middle school because they think it makes them look "cool" and "mature," but it really just makes them look like jerks. People may laugh when their making fun of others, but you better believe those same people will never be friends with the one making the jokes because they fear what that person will say about them. Also, you can destroy someone's life with your mouth. The words you say may mean nothing to you, but to them it could be the difference between carrying on with life or ending it.

Have fun!! You need to be devoted to your studies, but you also need to have a little fun too. Each day is unique and special and it will never happen again. So make the most of each day as it comes.

VERY IMPORTANT:
    Be nice to your teachers:D We are people too. We don't like to be yelled at or argued with since we are the adults (even if sometimes we don't act like it:)) You don't have to like them, but you should respect them. You may have a teacher that seems to be the devil in disguise, but if you treat them with respect at the end of the day YOU will be the mature one that did the right thing even if your teacher didn't.

Hope this helps and don't worry. It'll be a blast:)
    MS1997 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Hi! Look I have 4 older brothers and I'm going to Middle School next year too.
    It will be tough being the new Kid. But, once you get the hang of it you will be as calm as every one . As the school you are going to if you can take a tour. And you will proably receive a letter about oreintion. Try to stay calm! Do what I do and keep searching about middle School!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:45 AM
    I agree that it can be tough being the new kid! As in the above answer, there might be the possibility that you could take a tour of the school during the summer. The principal, secretaries and custodians most likely will be there. Perhaps calling ahead or just showing up during the day and asking one of them for a tour would be helpful to you.
    lanabear10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DPanda101
    I NEED tips on middle school. I have no older siblings and I just moved to a new school and the elementerary school already let out for the summer. Help!:confused:
    Just chill out,and relax you have a whole summer to get all your answers you want!
    crowna17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DPanda101
    You've got the entire August to worry about middle school! Chill out for now. Sometimes its hard to start middle school, but after about 8 minutes, you'll see how all the other new kids are sweating A lot more than you. Just rock and roll with it.
    kellyrocks Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Join after school clubs,make new friends but don't leave the old ones behind. People in middle school wear:
    -Hollister Hollister Co.
    -abercrombie & fitch Abercrombie & Fitch
    -american eagle Google Search eagle
    -aeropostale www.google.com/aeropostale

Some elementary kids already wear that stuff and you don't have to wear it. But if you want go to the sites and look.

__________________________________________________ _
    the best thing not todo is freak out.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyrocks
    join after school clubs,make new friends but don't leave the old ones behind. People in middle school wear:
    -Hollister Hollister Co.
    -abercrombie & fitch Abercrombie & Fitch
    -american eagle Google Search eagle
    -aeropostale www.google.com/aeropostale

some elementary kids already wear that stuff and you dont have to wear it. but if you want goto the sites and look.

__________________________________________________ _
    the best thing not todo is freak out.

First of all, I won't put a "disagree under that last post." But, I don't agree with it.

I agree with the join clubs, and get involved. It is a great way to make friends.

HOWEVER, What to wear?! Haha, that's almost funny. Don't worry about wearing brand name clothing. Wear what you want, and what expresses you and your personality. Or, just wear something because its comfortable. But DON'T wear it because its what everybody else is wearing.

I hope you have a good time in middle school!
    lalla1995 Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Jul 7, 2008, 11:37 PM
    On the first day it might be really weird cause everything will be new to you.Then probably a couple weeks later you will get use to the surrondings.If you want to make new friends you can be nice and find something in common that you guys can talk about.Try to avoid drama and drama makers.If they try to start things with you then you ignore them or talk to your consouler ( sorry I have bad spelling). Well you can wear a t-shirt with jeans more of a casual look,but it's all depending on you.:)
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 11:01 AM

Chill,no one likes stressful people

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

I need a middle school speech for principal

Middle School Tips? [ 11 Answers ]

I need middle school avice. Like hoow much home work , and how long are classes, how long do you get to get to go from class to class. It is a one grade school.

Starting Middle School Tips [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting middle school in September and I am looking for tips. I am so excited to go, but, I am curious. I read a book of tips for middle school, but I still have more questions. So if you have some useful tips, please tell me. Her are some of my questions: What do I do when I finish my...

Middle School [ 3 Answers ]

:middle school it sucks if you like a boy and likes you back and your best friend likes him and he likes her back they would get mad at u and never can be friends because of that what can I do? If you have been liking him 4 5 years should I go with him or say no:confused: I am so confused about...

Middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Is middle school really the best grade because I'm in the middle school so far it's a yes for me but there's always a lot of studying!! But I know that I have to get used to thsat but studying is kind of fun and kind of boring at the same time I don't know how but it is and there could be sometimes...

View more questions Search