Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghower Posts: 18, Reputation: 1
    Last Million Dollar Man Craftsman

Sep 20, 2014, 06:58 PM
    16.5 murray tractor
    Original carb was wasted. Put three different carbs from craftsman tractors
    No matter what I do all I can get is smooth Idle did everything governor
    Adjust different fuel solenoids always the same. Could original Murray carb be different then other Briggs Carbs ?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 03:12 PM
    Hi.
    Firstly, you must understand how to adjust the govervor. Generally on these engines, it is a clockwise turn of the governor shaft with the pinch bolt loosened and the throttle set at full.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Sep 24, 2014, 09:58 PM
    I have done this with every carburetor plus changed the governor arms throttle plate and springs and throttle arm it does not matter always the sameThe murray must have different jets in carburetor. I once had a craftsman which wouldn't run with a briggs carb from troy built MTD crap

Sep 24, 2014, 10:25 PM
    I've owned over 200 tractors
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Hi,
    I think you lack an understanding of how things work.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray 11 hp lawn tractor [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone have a diagram or picture that shows the carb linkages on a murray lawn tractor with a 11 hp briggs engine

Murray Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Murray Lawn Tractor, model # 42576X92B, which was overhauled last spring, it was running fine when stored for the summer, now it will not turn over, replaced the battery, and it still will not even attempt to turn over.. turn the key, nothing...

Murray Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Murray Lawn Tractor, model # 4576X92B, we paid for a major overhaul last spring and it was running great when stored for the winter, now it won't turn over, we replaced the battery, because it doesn't even try to turn over... can you help us out with what the problem would be?

MURRAY tractor [ 0 Answers ]

Hi ! Ive a murray tractor but its been log time that its became slow and I changed all the belt and and did what they manuel said but still the same probleme the engine sound good and strong but when I move forward its really slow.? Please can't Ihave some solution Iwould really apriciate...

1976 murray tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1976 murray riding mower model # 6-36508C where can I find a belt diagram for the mower deck?

View more questions Search