Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmdragonwolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Lawn mower key won't turn
    Riding lawnmower has been sitting for a couple of years outside without starting, key won't turn, is there a possible quick fix or am I doomed
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2011, 03:09 PM

Soak it several times over night with WD40 or Whink Amazon.com: Whink 01281 Rust Stain Remover: Automotive even vinegar works to dissolve the rust. I think the key will not be your only starting issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Lawn Mower Cab Cadet wheel will not turn to the left but will turn to the right [ 0 Answers ]

When I was Mowing my yard yesterday the wheel was kind of hard. After mowing for over 30 min. I was trying to turn around a tree to the left and I heard a click. After that I can turn the wheel to the left, but the mower will not. Please Help, Martha

My lawn mower want start when I turn on the key [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't start when I turn on the key

Sears lawn tractor will not turn over with key [ 1 Answers ]

The questions and answers are somewhat different than my problem. I have a Sears lawn tractor model# 917.271041 16 H.P. approximately 10 years old with a Kohler engine. It worked fine until I shut it off and tried starting it about an hour later. There was no sound when the key was turned on. I...

MTD Rider mower-Nothing on key turn [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, First question on this forum, thanks in advance for any help. I have a Yard Machines by MTD rider with (I believe) a 14.5 horse B&S engine. Used over the winter with the snow plow attachment and worked fine until one time when I went to use it and turned the key but sounded like the...

View more questions Search