Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    currie1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 10:54 AM
    My john deere r72 won't start. There are several safety switches unhooked at solenoid.
    Need a wiring diagram for the correct placement of wires on the solenoid. All safety switches have been disconnect by previous owner and now can't even get solenoid to click.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 12:35 PM

Hi,
    Sorry I can not help much because of the age of the machine, but you can get a picture of the harness at:
    JDParts
    And pick the Print Selector dropdown and choose Illustration and Keylines to print the picture and part descriptions. That machine is old enough that it used a neutral switch on the gear box.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    twhd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Is that the only safety switch it has , I have the same prob , but I can get it to try to start by jumping across the sylinoid
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Hi,
    The machine probably has a neutral switch on the transmission.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 won't start, but not a solenoid issue [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that won't start. It will crank just fine, but won't fire. There isn't any gas flowing. What makes the gas flow from the tank? sjquinn4109

John deere 345 won't start... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a john deere 345 that won't start... it is getting good spark to the plugs... sprayed a little fuel into the cylinder and nothing... ran great a week ago... mowed w/ it... parked it and went out to start it to mow again a week later and nothing.

John deere won't start [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere X304 starts but almost immediately cuts off as if it ran out of gas I changed the fuel filter but results are the same. Problem started after I ran out of gas and refilled the tank with newly purchased gas.

Safety switches are unhooked [ 2 Answers ]

All the safety switches have been bypassed and I need the wiring diagram to locate the main safety block.

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

View more questions Search