Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cokerdaddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Replace primer bulb Echo trimmer
    Is there any magic to replacing the primer bulb on an Echo weed trimmer? Sure sounds like the thing *wants* to start now, but no luck?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 04:09 PM

Hi,
    Only four or two screws holding it on whether it is Walbro (part #188-12 & 4 screws) or Zama (part #57003 & 2 screws.)
    Peace,
    Clarke
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 12:43 PM

It is a zama carburetor, if you replaced the primer bulb and it wants to start but it doesn't,
    The zama carburetors are what are called emissions carburetors, they have no mixture screws there mostly on more expencive weedeaters you may have to rebuild/replace the carburetor with a new one.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 01:00 PM

Hi,
    Respectfully disagree. The Zama carbs used by Echo have adjustments and limiters, and are in the C1U family. The Walbro carbs used by Echo currently and recently have the appearance of no adjustment, are indeed EPA carbs and are members of the WY family.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ryobi gas trimmer primer bulb hookup [ 5 Answers ]

The gas lines to the primer bulb of my Ryobi 790r string trimmer primer bulb have literally rotted away and I must replace them. There are 2 connections to the bulb,2 to the gas tank and 2 to the carburetor. I need a diagram to tell me how these should be interconnected and nobody seems to know....

Primer bulb sticking [ 1 Answers ]

2 cycle weedeater (craftsman) pushing in primer bulb and it stays in, will not prime. Any suggestions?

Echo primer bulb [ 4 Answers ]

How do I replace the primer bulb on my Echo grass trimmer model 1E SRM-2400? I purchased to part but can't get to the 4 screws to replace. Thanks Dilady

Primer Bulb [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older mower that runs OK. However, lately after about 10 min of running, it starts to choke out. When this happens, the primer bulb is sucked back into the mower. I can wait a few minutes or just manually pull the bulb back out and will run a few more minutes. What would cause the bulb to...

Echo trimmer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I correct loss of power when using trimmer:mad:

View more questions Search