Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjorgvin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2006, 04:15 PM
    MTD deck belt replacement how to
    Hi. I have got a problem with the deck belt on MTD Model 14AS84AH062. I have a new replacement belt but the problem is, I did'nt see how it was before it broke.

At the end of the one side there is a thing that has a thin cable running from it, and I can't seem to understand were that has to go in order for the belt to fit there... if you can help any, I would be very grateful. I guess this is the blade brake that is in my way. Is the belt going to fit under or over the spring and brake?
    Thank You So Much.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2006, 10:12 PM
    Does anybody else happen to own one? Maybe take a peek at there's... sorry I can't be of no more help.
    JJMMPR3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Go to MTD"S website they have pictures showing belt layout
    lumper20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Do you have the owners manual? Is their a spring by the right rear wheel on a bracket?
    JJMMPR3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
    No I don't
    lumper20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 06:00 PM
    [QUOTE=JJMMPR3]No I don't[/

Have you looked under the seat for the model number? I ask as you need the model number for parts as well as the fact that the some model/s have a deck spring attached to the right rear on a bracket. Do you have the spring on the lower right rear bracket? You will need model number such as the 13AM660F062 I have. It is no joy to change a belt for me. Hope yours is easier or you are much more mechanical then I am.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poulan/Weedeater lawnmower drive belt replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the drive belt on my Poulan/Weedeater lawnmower. Does the cutting blade and engine have to be removed to put on a new belt? I would like to see a diagram if one is available.

Problem with MTD deck [ 14 Answers ]

I removed my deck on my Yard Machine 600 series 42 inch deck. I rebuilt the spindles and sharpened the blades, but when I remounted the deck, I had a problem with everything lining up correctly. If I hook everything up, the chute side of the deck hits the rear tire. It looks like something got...

Belt replacement problem [ 2 Answers ]

I finally got my deck straightened out but the replacement belt I got from ACE hardware seems too long (original # 754-0371A). They gave me a belt numbered 954-0371A and told me it was the same belt. Now I have to drop the deck to change the new belt out with the correct one. My question is did...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

View more questions Search