Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123barbara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Mtd lawm tractor will not start
    I have a mtd lawn tractor. It has a 12.5 hp motor and is 38 inches. Don't know the age. We
    Got it from a friend. It has a new battery and starter. We used it once. It stall out and never
    Started again. We recharged the battery, but it will not start. When you turn the key there is no crank. It is completely dead. Please help!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Check under the steering wheel area, above the frame for a fuse. This may be the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change drive belt on mtd tractor "husky tractor" [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Any one know an easy way to change belt? And how to loosen pully bolt in bottom of motor?

MTD Yard Machines tractor will not start [ 3 Answers ]

My MTD Yard Machines tractor with a 21hp motor and a 46in deck will not start. It had been working fine up until recently. However, since our last rain it has not started. I cover it with a large tarp to make sure the tractor does not get wet as I do not have a shed or garage to store it in. ...

My MTD tractor just won't start [ 1 Answers ]

46" lawn tractor. I had to change the PTO belt. After I changed it, I realized I did not tighten one of the belt brackets to keep the belt in place. I stopped the tractor and fixed that. Now it won't start. When I turn the key, absolutely nothing happens. I checked the battery, which is...

Mtd lawn tractor it start but want turn over ithink my issue is with the carburetor [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps to rebuilding my 12.5 hp briggs n stratton carburetor please take in account I am a do it your selfer. Thanks for your help

MTD lawn tractor will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I had just finished mowing my lawn. The tractor sat in the lawn for about an hour. When I returned, it would not turn over. It makes a small click noise then nothing. I charged the batter over night, same result in the morning. It has a Briggs 14.5 HP engine. Where do I start? Thanks.

View more questions Search