Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batiburro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Installing a briggs and stratton motor on a white outdoor riding lawnmower
    How to Install a briggs and stratton 15 hp motor on a white outdoor riding lawnmower
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Basically you need to find a model with the same bolt pattern and output shaft length and diameter. Go to a small engine shop to see if they can help you
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 26, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Hi,
    I would recommend a site such as Small Engine Suppliers
    Small Engine Suppliers - Your online source for Replacement Small Engines, Tools & Parts
    Since they have the crankshaft and engine specs published on their site. Most cranks will be a standard size and sumps generally have two holes at each of the four corners. The trick is actally in the charging system, muffler and fuel system. If not replacing the engine exactly, you may want one with a muffler. If your fuel tank is at the rear of the machine, you will require a fuel pump model. The charging system is a bit trickier so I will add the alternator id doc.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf bsalternator_id.pdf (797.7 KB, 68 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do the coils keep burning up on my 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton lawnmower motor [ 1 Answers ]

The coils keep burning up on my lawn mower, which has a 18.5 briggs & stratton motor. How can I keep this from happening and what is causing it?

Installing a briggs and stratton motor on a craftsman riding lawnmower? [ 3 Answers ]

Replaced a 12.5 briggs& stratton with a briggs & stratton 13.5 intek... all connections seem to be good except 1 lone wire near front... engine turns sounds like it wants to fire up but won't... any suggestions( new batt, new spark plug etc).. could this lone wire b the culprit?. please help

I can't start my briggs and stratton lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried cleaning and drying the spark plug, I beat the air filter gently to clean it and it still won't start. I don't have many tools so I can't take it apart and I have useless guy friends lol. Please help because I can't figure it out..

Riding Lawn Mover with Briggs and Stratton 14 HP motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a riding lawn mover with a 14 hp briggs and stratton engine. I cannot read the model number and I need engine parts (intake valve and keeper). How can I order a part if I don't know engine model??

Briggs and stratton model 300 lawnmower motor [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a new lawnmower, and it starts fine, but it sounds as if its at an idol speed. It didn't come with a idol adjustment cable, so I'm just wondering if it's the way its supposed to be? It sounds like it's barely running, and it only cuts grass at a very slow walk. Any help would be...

View more questions Search