Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmsig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Lawn tractor stalls when blade is engaged
    I have a Yard Machine lawn tractor. The engine stalls when I lower the blade to mow. Can you help me to figure out why?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Sounds like a faulty safety switch. Or your belts are trying to turn pulleys that are "frozen".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn tractor blade drive belt twisting/breaking [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced the blade drive belt on my riding mower and it broke after 3 hours. I checked for anything that would cut the belt, found nothing, and installed another new belt. After engaging the blades for 20 seconds I stopped and checked the belt and noticed it had twisted. This happened on...

Lawn tractor blade [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 17.5hp 42" 7 speed Briggs & Strattor riding lawn mower. Blade will not engage, rotate.

Craftsman lawn tractor blade belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, how do I get the belt onto the pulleys? Is there something I need to do with the deck? This is a craftsman 14hp lawn tractor model #917-255694. Is there a website that I can download the picture or instructions from a manual? I am having trouble trying to figure out how to get the belt...

Murray Mower Cuts Out When Put In Gear or Blade Engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a 2000 Murray 42" rider (model 42514x8A) that I bought used from a guy who claimed it worked fine. It starts up every time, and runs like a top in nuetral, but the ignition cuts out as soon as I release the clutch with it in gear or try and engage the blade. I immediately suspected the...

View more questions Search