Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjsspot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Snapper 8 HP B&S not throwing snow
    I have a 15 year old Snapper that has been used pretty hard, but runs powerfully. The only problem is that when I want it to throw snow it only does so for about 8-20 feet then gets clogged. THis constantly happens. I initially thought is was because the snow was so "heavy/wet". Is this old age, or is there something wrong with it. It's a Snapper 826
    giuser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 10:32 AM
    If this model has a disc that transfers power from engine to thrower, try adding tension to the cable on the handle that engages the thrower. There is usually an adjustment nut to add tension or slack like a bike cable. It sounds like not enough friction on disc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

How far should a craftsman 5.5 hp snow blower model no. 536.886150 be throwing snow? [ 1 Answers ]

Has a new auger belt. Only throws it about 5 feet. Constantly gets clogged.

My Old Ariens Snowblower -trouble throwing snow [ 3 Answers ]

My older Ariens ST 824 model # 924-050 has been a real gem! But... yesterday while busting through a big drift of snow, it just kept clogging up. The snow was not really wet and heavy. I checked it out - the auger is turning, the shear pins are fine. I then pulled off the piece that exposes the...

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search