Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowthrowerr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Husqvarna 524 ST snowthrower head bolt torque
    Hello,
    My snow thrower started making a knock sound under hard load recently... it is only 2 years old very little use... I think perhaps the head bolts are loose... no visible exhaust leaks... and every time I heard the knock I shut it down... any thoughts and anyone know the torque specs for head bolts? Thanks :)
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 12:34 PM

Hi,
    Doubtful that it is head bolts. "Under heavy load" seems to indicate it is something to do externally to the engine, assuming that the oil level is correct.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head bolt torque specs [ 3 Answers ]

Blew head gasket on 18.5 horse briggs ohv does anyone know the proper torque specs head bolts Thanks in advance Rick

Head bolt size 95 altima [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing the head gasket on my 95 altima. When I pulled of my valve cover I was supprised to see that they are HEX bolts (damn it! ) I don't have a large set and I'd like to buy just the size I need. So anyone know what size they are? Thanks

Floor joist conflicts with lag bolt head [ 2 Answers ]

I'm building a "mud room" inside our garage. The width is 5' (13' length) and the joists are 2x6 24" o.c. I have ledger on both sides. My issue is that in 2 places I have lag bolts at the edge of the joist, so it gets in the way of the joist and the hanger. Some options seem to be (1)move the...

View more questions Search