Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    756790 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 12:58 AM
    Spotting Instead of Period
    I am 18 and I am supposed to start my period in the next few days. Instead I got spotting, then it stopped, and I spotted today again. I do have occasional sex, but it's always protected. What could this mean?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 01:30 AM
    1 It can mean you are spotting and will have your normal period in a few days.
    2. it can mean you are spotting will miss this period for some unknown reason and will get your next period next month as normal
    3. it can mean you have an infection, a STD, some other illness
    4. It can mean you are pregnant.

No way to tell without a full medical exam.

First you use protection ? What types, I assume you use more than one, if you don't want to get pregnant ?

Condoms by themselves have a 3 to 10 percent failure rate, so if that is the only protection, then you well could be pregnant.
    But even using birth control pills and condoms there is still a small percent of error, less then one percent but pregnancy still happens using both methods.

So now you wait, really nothing else to do.

If your period comes, great, if it does not come, you wait another 10 to 14 days and then do a pregnancy test, ( can't do one sooner that is really valid) Use the first urine of the morning as soon as you wake up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Period. No Period only Brown Discharge/Spotting? [ 4 Answers ]

OKey so here's my story, I do have irregular period, sometimes even 5 months apart. But since August 2011 I've been taking Provera 500mg for 3 months (Aug,Sept,Oct)and got my period regularly for those three months. I tried getting my Period on my own during November and it came, didn't have my...

Had spotting 10 days before period date, and now no period? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my regular period last month but it was very light from May 28 through May 31. Then I got spotting really dark brown and really watery only when I wiped down there which last for 5 days. And my period date this month supposed to be June 25. But its June 28 and I still don't have my period....

Spotting light brown for a week but no period and cramps! Period not late. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been spotting for about a week light brown. I wake up with really bad cramps thinking I am going to get my period but I do not get it. My period is not due yet, what does this mean? Pregnancy symptoms? Please help!

Brownish spotting 2 weeks before period then turned red 5 days before period due [ 1 Answers ]

Had unprotected sex on 7/15. Took MAP within twelve hours. Expected ovulation on 7/21 but only got brown spotting which lasted 7 days. Now 5 days before period is due, I am experiencing light bleeding... red in color. Could I be pregnant?

I had my period a couple days late heavy the 2nd day and red spotting after period [ 1 Answers ]

I was 3 days late on my period the 1st day was light the 2nd day was heavy after that spottig red every once and a while brown it has now been 5 days my period only lasts for 3 days what should I think?heeelllp

View more questions Search