Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GA Boy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Awakened with a terrible burning, tearing, and swelling, in both eyes??
    Hello -

I am a male age 53 in SE Georgia. I went to bed last evening and was awakened with a terrible burning in both eyes. Since my wife says I do not know how to wash my hands thoroughly, I initially thought it was something on my hands (soap, lotion, grease, etc) that may have gotten in my eyes if I touched or rubbed them; and that it would be "washed away" before I fell asleep.

That didn't happen. I woke up a couple of hours later (due to the pain) and you would have thought I was in a boxing match. There was no actual blood but the "whites" of my eyes were nearly bloodshot, there was a slow but contant flow of tearing, and there were like 3 or 4 mail sacks under my bottom lid. The top one drooped down and around also. It wasn't like that yesterday. I have less [let's just say] "puffiness" around my eyes than my wife. Now my eyes are red and irritated and it looks like the skin is sliding off my face.

I rinsed them last night and put "visine' in them this morning. Even though my vision is slightly impaired due to the swelling, tearing, and irritation, I wore my sunglasses all day today. What could this be and what else can I try?

Thanks

Irritated and Swollen
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
    This is something I'd really have checked by your doctor. There's really no way for anyone online to diagnose, and the eyes are a part of the body that I wouldn't even guess about when it comes to treatment.

Please see your doctor, and good luck.
    GA Boy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    This is something I'd really have checked by your doctor. There's really no way for anyone online to diagnose, and the eyes are a part of the body that I wouldn't even guess about when it comes to treatment.

Please see your doctor, and good luck.
    I did not do anything today. I was really hoping it felt better and went away by the time I got home. We will be visiting family in several locations across the nation over the next few weeks... 1) I usually do the bulk of the driving and 2) I don't want to be on any kinds of meds because I plan to eat some of everything at every place I stop.

Seriously, I will try to do that tomorrow (at a walk-in clinic or something) since I will probably have to make an appointment at a doctor's office.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swelling in feet along with burning sensation. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 28 F and I've been having swelling in my feet or almost 6 to 7 months now. There is no pain or discomfort but the swelling is constant. Off late I've started having a burning sensation in my feet. This is on and off but severe, sometimes I have to take off my footwear and socks to feel...

Swelling around eyes [ 7 Answers ]

My dog has swelling around his eyes, and a swollen anus (including the area between his testicals and anus). He is panting with a slightly accelerated heart rate. He has moderate dripping of saliva from his mouth, and his gums and tongue are 'redder' than usual. He will not lift his tail, and yelps...

Swelling and burning pain after sex [ 0 Answers ]

After having sex with my partner my vagina becomes very swelled and painful for days after it is unbareable. It happned severely not long ago and my gp did a swab and couldn't find anything. And now its back. In desperate need of diagnosis please anyone.

Vaginal swelling,burning,itching [ 4 Answers ]

I have tried monostat and a hot bath.HI.I am a 15 year old girl who need your healp really bad.Im embarrassed to tell my mom what I did but I did tell her my simptoms.Over the weekend my boyfriend figured me multiple times and afterwards I had a lot of pain and felt like everyhting inside was...

View more questions Search