Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Was Heaven created before Earth
    Yes or No

And if Heaven was created along with earth on the same days where did God go before all creation?

Because in the beginning Satan tempted Adam and Eve so I was thinking that Heaven was created before Earth because Heavens forever and Satan was one of Gods angels...
    Also how did God get his name? Did he create the dinosaurs with humans? Were did he go before creation?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 05:08 PM
    Heaven was always there. Heaven is where God is.
    if Heaven was created along with earth on the same days where did God go before all creation?
    He was just there.
    Also how did God get his name?
    His name is I Am That I Am. He has no real name. He just is.
    Did he create the dinosaurs with humans?
    Before.
    Where did he go before creation?
    He was just there/nowhere/everywhere.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
    The bible says in the first verse... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I don't believe the heavens were always there. They were created. Satan also was created. EVERYthing other than God was created. According to the bible, God always was. I don't understand that anymore than anyone really understand it. I accept it by faith.

According to the Bible mankind is 6000 years old. I have often thought I would ask God what he was doing before creation. But I feel certain when I meet Him face to face... that won't be the first question or thought on my mind. Lol

Trying to figure out God and where He came from will either keep you up late at night... or put you sound asleep. Either way... the thought is AWESOME. We humans only know beginnings. We can't and don't understand a being that always was.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    The bible says in the first verse ....In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    The heavens are not Heaven.

heavens = sky/constellations/galaxies/everything "out there" vs. solid ground, the planet Earth.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 08:53 PM
    WG.

According to the bible the ONLY thing not created is God. That is it. And he even says that one day he will create a new heaven and a new earth. In order to create a new heaven and earth... he had to create an old heaven and earth. Heaven is a created place. And I disagree with your thoughts on heaven... there is the 1st heaven... the sky, the second heaven... the stars and planets and the third heaven... where God dwells now. That is my understanding of the heavens. But if you have verses to say otherwise.. I'm willing to take a look.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Heaven is a euphemism, an idea, where God is. It isn't a literal place.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Heaven is a euphemism, an idea, where God is. It isn't a literal place.
    Well, I disagree. I believe heaven is real. And if it isn't.. why make a new one? I believe my very own father is there right now. I believe the bible teaches being absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The LORD being the best and most important thing in heaven... but there are too many scriptures that says otherwise. It is a real place, with real people and a throne room where Jesus sits on the right hand of the Father. Heaven is a real place... hell is a real place. Not according to me.. but according to the bible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Well, i disagree. I believe heaven is real. And if it isn't..why make a new one? I believe my very own father is there right now. I believe the bible teaches being absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The LORD being the best and most important thing in heaven....but there are too many scriptures that says otherwise. it is a real place, with real people and a throne room where Jesus sits on the right hand of the Father. heaven is a real place....hell is a real place. not according to me..but according to the bible.
    That was written so readers could more easily understand the concept, like "streets of gold" and "land of milk and honey."
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    That was written so readers could more easily understand the concept, like "streets of gold" and "land of milk and honey."
    Completely disagree. Shocking I know. I will give you the reasons later. I'm so busy preparing for company and with a broken foot to boot. Ugh... but anyway. Would love to discuss this more. Just give me a chance. :)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
    [QUOTE=classyT;3227501]According to the Bible mankind is 6000 years old.[QUOTE]

Nowhere in the Bible does it say "mankind is 6000 years old". What did it say when it was written down? "Mankind is 4000 years old? 2,500?" Pick a number.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
    450,321 how is that number?

But we are told in the Bible in the writings of Paul there are 3 heavens, the first is the atmosphere around the earth, The second is outter space, and the third is where God lives.

The heavens mentioned in Gen is the first and second heavens. Since Gen is the story of the creation of earth and mankind.

And of course we do not know if there were other heavens before these that God had.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    450,321 how is that number?

But we are told in the Bible in the writings of Paul there are 3 heavens, the first is the atmosphere around the earth, The second is outter space, and the third is where God lives.

The heavens mentioned in Gen is the first and second heavens. Since Gen is the story of the creation of earth and mankind.

And of course we do not know if there were other heavens before these that God had.
    Actually, Paul just said he was caught up to the third heaven. He never said what any of them were. So this is all speculation based on one obscure statement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Being here is like being in Seventh Heaven.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 07:46 AM
    According to the Bible mankind is 6000 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Nowhere in the Bible does it say "mankind is 6000 years old". What did it say when it was written down? "Mankind is 4000 years old? 2,500?" Pick a number.
    It is approximately 6000 years old. According to Bible scholars--by estimating the generations given, the time would be about 4000 years for the Old Testament and about 2000 years for the New Testament--approximately 6000 years.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
    It is approximately 6000 years old. According to Bible scholars--by estimating the generations given, the time would be about 4000 years for the Old Testament and about 2000 years for the New Testament--approximately 6000 years.
    I don't know which "Bible scholars" you're talking about, but practically no reputable scholar buys this nonsense any more. The genealogy method lost favor over 100 years ago. Time to update your library.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    I don't know which "Bible scholars" you're talking about, but practically no reputable scholar buys this nonsense any more. The genealogy method lost favor over 100 years ago. Time to update your library.
    Lost favor with whom? (don't know if I should have said, "whom" but it sounded good, huh?)

Define reputable?

I don't know a teacher, preacher, pastor or anyone that I have sat under that didn't teach this. I live in Ohio. Ever heard of Ken Ham? He has a creation museum. It is REAL popular for a method that has lost favor 100 years ago. Golly gee wiz... He believes it. John Hagee, Les Fel, Joseph Prince, Charles Stanley, John Darby Jack VanEmp.. Perry Stone.just about any good teachers of the bible teach it. I can't think of anyone mainstream christianity that doesn't believe it.

But you know what? That doesn't really matter. The Bible is the final authority.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
    Lost favor with whom? (don't know if I should have said, "whom" but it sounded good, huh?)

Define reputable?

I don't know a teacher, preacher, pastor or anyone that I have sat under that didn't teach this. I live in Ohio. Ever heard of Ken Ham? He has a creation museum. It is REAL popular for a method that has lost favor 100 years ago. Golly gee wiz... He believes it. John Hagee, Les Fel, Joseph Prince, Charles Stanley, John Darby Jack VanEmp..Perry Stone.just about any good teachers of the bible teach it. I can't think of anyone mainstream christianity that doesn't believe it.

But you know what? That doesn't really matter. The Bible is the final authority.
    Not one of those is an actual biblical scholar. A preacher is not a scholar. Yes, I've heard of Ken Ham and his museum. Within actual scholarly circles, he's an embarrassment.

But you're right, the Bible is the final authority. And it never says anything about how old the universe is or how old humanity is. The genealogy thing, originated by Ussher several centuries ago, is a joke. The "days" of Genesis 1 can't be 24 hour solar days because the sun wasn't even created until the fourth, so there was no possible way to have a literal "evening and morning." Those preachers you try to claim are scholars will try to tell you that when the word "day" is used with a series of numbers like it is in Genesis 1, it always refers to literal days. But that's bunk, because Genesis 1 is the only place where such a sequence occurs so we have no idea what kind of "day" it might refer to. More circular reasoning of the type that you seem to really like. But you liking it doesn't make it true. The fact is, those guys you revere are nothing but an endocentric little circle-jerk that is ignored by actual scholars because they have nothing intelligent to say.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 08:32 AM
    More circular reasoning of the type that you seem to really like. But you liking it doesn't make it true. The fact is, those guys you revere are nothing but an endocentric little circle-jerk that is ignored by actual scholars because they have nothing intelligent to say.
    Well, I guess that's that. "Endocentric little circle jerks". Indeed !
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 08:42 AM
    All that I know is, ask most professors at Liberty University if they don't believe every world of the bible to be true.
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
    No speculation at all, there are dozens of verses in the bible, we could go on to Rev also.

I don't have my text book, actually just studied the three heavens in a college class this summer but I packed the book away, it is for from obscure and it is a fairly well set doctrine about the use of the word heaven throughout the bible.

The firmament, Earths Atmosphere -which is the immediate sky, where the “fowls of the heaven” (Genesis 2:19; 7:3,23; Psalms 8:8, etc.), “the eagles of heaven” (Lamentations 4:19), it is our atmosphere that surrounds the earth.

The second heaven is the starry heavens, where our atmosphere ends. It is the heavens in which the sun, moon, and stars are fixed in orbit. The stars are seemingly endless and the distance between all of them is staggering no wonder the Bible states Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.” In ancient times people were in awe of the starry expanse, today we know how immense this really is.

Third Heaven - This is where God and the holy angels (and creatures) and spirits of just men dwell. It is called “The heaven of heavens,” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - “The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you.” (Psalm 2:4) The One enthroned in heaven laughs; The LORD scoffs at them.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

3 angels come back to earth to do good so they can go to heaven [ 2 Answers ]

3 male angels come back to earth to do good so they can get into heaven. The movie is about 8 years old.

View more questions Search