Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vald2307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Coping with my mums death
    I lost my mum three weeks ago and her funeral was only four days ago. I thought it would get easier but it getting so much harder. I can't stop crying I'm angry I don't care about anything else I'm so grief stricken. How can I deal with this?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

May 4, 2012, 07:30 AM
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

Grief is an emotional journey and there is no way to know how long it will take to feel better. They key is to work toward acceptance and peace-of-mind because the love you have for your mother & the memories you shared will never fade.

I found during my experiences with the loss of loved ones, writing is very cathartic. You could start a journal or a memory book of your mother. At times, I've written letters to the person I lost and poured out my feelings. These types of activities help you gain closure one step at a time.

Good luck to you. I hope you can begin to heal in the best way possible.
    vald2307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Thank you so much for your response and helpful ideas. I am sure in time I will learn to deal with it just it is too raw and painful at the moment. Thanks again and take care vicky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coping with death of a co-worker [ 10 Answers ]

Forgive me in advance please if this gets lengthy. What I have is not an actual question it is more about tips to cope with the sudden death of a co-worker. Last Tuesday one of our co-workers was killed on her way home from work in a car accident. I have worked for 30 years and have never had to...

Help coping with the death of my mother [ 3 Answers ]

I am very young and I am dealling with looosing my mother to brain cancer. I talk to friends and family and now that things are looking worse for her I'm really starting to loose it and break down more and more, I can't get her off my mind. I have my own two year old daughter and whenever I start...

Coping with the death of your first love [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently found out that my Bf just couldn`t hold on any longer... he was diagnosed with Small cell carcinoma. When we started , he had to go to the hospital , since his he was bleeding , I was scared , I thought that was the worst it could get . One night he told me that he was dying...

Mums Flowers [ 4 Answers ]

Can you tell me what to with my mums? Some grown side ways and some grown all over the place. Non of them grown straight. What should I do to make it stand straight?:confused:

Coping with sudden death [ 2 Answers ]

I am not proud of what I'm going to admit, but I was having an affair with a married man for the last 7 months... and he was just tragically killed when a car ran into him on his motorcycle. He was a truly wonderful man who lightened up any room when he walked in. There was about 1000 people at...

View more questions Search