Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardnvicky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Sewage Smell While Doing Laundry
    We Recently Thought Our Washer Was Leaking. It Actually Was Where The Washer Discharged Into The Pvc Pipe Was Backing Up. So We Put Liquid Plummer Down It And Snaked It. Clog Was Cleared And Still Have Sewage Type Smell. We Called A Plumber He Came Out And Said Everything Seemed Fine But Suggested He Put On A Rubber Fitting Over The Sewer Line Cap. He Said That Should Take Care Of The Problem. Well It Seemed Okay Until I Did Laundry Last Night The Smell Started Back Again. I Cannot Smell Anything Coming From The Pvc Pipe That The Washer Discharges In. So I Guess It Is Coing From The Sewer Line It Hooks Into. What Could Be The Problem? I Smell Was Gone This Morning. I Was Thinking Maybe It Is Not The Washer. Maybe It Is Just When We Are Home In The Evening Toilets Are Being Fushed, Sinks Are Running. But The Smell Is Only In Laundry Room Where Sewer Line Is And Seems To Be When I Do Laundry. Then The Furnace Is In There To So When It Runs It Carries The Smell Through The Vents!! help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 18, 2007, 11:37 AM
    If there's a floor drain in the laundry room check the trap seal. Regards, Tom
    richardnvicky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Great, Thanks. I Will Call The Plumber To Come Back Out And Check That.
    sonitu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Sometimes dish washing sink drain is linked with washing machine which could produce dirty smell while washing clothes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Smell in Laundry Room [ 13 Answers ]

We are getting a sewer gas smell when we do laundry! This started as just the odd time and then became almost every time we did laundry. We have a brand New Kenmore front load washer and front load dryer(both electric as we have no natural gas in our house) - but the smell had happened before these...

Sewage smell in laundry room [ 4 Answers ]

We live in an unincorporated rural area east of Dallas. We have lateral lines for septic, and a totally separate piping system for our laundry room which uses a french drain. Slab foundation. Laundry room shares a wall with a bathroom. Problem: extremely concentrated sewage gas smell fills the...

Sewage smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, About a week ago the pump for my septic tank broke. I replaced the pump And everything is working fine now. My problem is that some sewage backed up into my downstairs washroom onto an old cement floor. I have noticed a strong odor in the basement and coming up through the air vents. I...

View more questions Search