Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victim123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 06:39 PM
    My dog eats to fast and then is sick then eats it again she has lost a lot of weight
    I've had blood test and urine and faeces tested she is still happy in herself and plays seems to be on alert all the time doesn't sleep well also she doesn't drink a lot of water I've change her food several times her urine at one time had a foul smell because she started to have accidents

Dec 9, 2010, 07:01 PM
    My dog eats to fast and then is sick then eats it again she has lost a lot of weight
    Dog eat to fast changed diet from dry to wet still losing weight has been to vets had faeces and urine checked
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 07:09 PM

I would run bloodwork to make sure there isn't anything urine and stool can't see.
    In the meantime, you can try to feed your dog small amounts at a time to avoid bolting the food. If you end up feeding dry again there are special food bowls that force a dog to eat slow - or you could throw a large (not able to swallow) rock in the bowl to force it to eat slower.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2010, 07:28 PM
    What kind of dog, how old, what do you feed her, how often?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 07:34 PM

How old is she?

What has her vet said? It will help us have an idea of what to suggest trying next.

Dec 9, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What kind of dog, how old, what do you feed her, how often?
    Mixed yorkshire terrier 6yr now on chappie vet said it would help twice a day and snacks during day
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 09:23 PM

Has the vet given you any idea of what is going on with your dog? Does he/she think your pup is healthy other than how it is eating or that something else could be wrong? How long has this been going on? Did something in her environment change such as adding a new pet or baby to trigger this behavior?

To add to Sariss' suggestions, some people have found that using a muffin pan to separate the food into smaller portions helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog eats everything outside [ 4 Answers ]

My female pom mix is 2 years old, I adopted her 2 months ago. I feed her iams dog food. We live in an apartment. My problem is every time I take her out for her walk, she acts like she has to find something to eat and most of the time she does, like dead birds, bark, rocks, paper anything. She...

My dog eats really fast and is not gaining weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have just got a 9 month old lab retriver mix. His skin hangs on him, the people we got him from said he was a different type of dog and I knew he was not what they were claiming, but he was to cute to pass up. I have looked at the weight charts and he appears to be at the appropriate weight. I...

Our springer eats too fast ! [ 3 Answers ]

Our 20 month old Springer Spaniel - whom we homed 8 weeks ago is brilliant and loveable and she eats very well indeed except that she bolts it down with hardly a breath and we thought we might try and introduce a similar type food (complete dry dog food) but in larger pieces - any ideas please ? ...

My dog eats too fast he chokes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a almost 2 yr old min pin and when I feed him he eats so fast he chokes I don't know if I can do anything about this or if it is just something no one can control but just wondering if anyone had any ideas to get him to slow down so he won't choke anymore... the food he eats too is not...

My almost 4 year old eats A LOT! [ 2 Answers ]

He is almost 4 and in the 75th percentile for height and 90-something for weight. He is a pretty big (height and weight) for his age. He seems to be gaining a bit of weight, but he eats as much as I do. He is constantly saying he is hungry. He eats and eats and eats. I guess I am just curious...

View more questions Search