Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r0112724 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Why would a business stop accpeting e-checks?
    Why would a business stop accepting e-checks? I work for a company that is considering eliminating this service to its customers however we profess to be customer friendly and we promote customer service.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 4, 2010, 08:11 AM

It takes 3 to 5 business days for a e check to clear apparently. Could be they don't want that time lapse and have their money tied up for a week. Money transfers, for instance, are almost instant, so I don't know why they don't accept that.

In Canada we don't use Paypal (e checks), bills are paid on line where money goes to the recipient almost immediately and is processed. All residential utility companies are paid this way, if the customer has on line banking.

Tick
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 10:54 AM

In addition to what tickle said, I would imagine there is also a discount rate associated with accepting the e-checks. Credit cards cost the merchant up to 4.5%. It may be that the cost involved with accepting payments is too high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm on ssi in the us if I move to uk do my checks stop [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking of moving from the us to the uk to live with a friend I'm curently social aecurity income will I still be able to get this in the uk

Stop checks -GAAP VS Tax [ 1 Answers ]

How a stop check should be booked/ handled in the year end for GAAP & Tax basis? Should it be treated the same ? Any sites that would provide me this information?

Anyone buy checks (personal and/or business) online? [ 7 Answers ]

It's been years since I last purchased checks online (We buy them in lots of 1000.) - and back then checksunlimited.com had the best deals. Has anyone shopped around recently and found a better deal? Thought I'd ask to maybe save me some surfing time :) Thanks!

Business Being Named the Same as Another Business and Registering a Business [ 3 Answers ]

What if mt business name is taken and how do I register my company or business? :)

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search