Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unpredictable10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Chlamydia
    I recently found out that I have it. Iam 16 and my boyfriend is 19 I tried discussing it with him. He doesn't know what it is. I tried to discuss it with him and explain it to him but he still doesn't get it. I told him and am still telling him that we need to go to the doctors. He has a very hecktic work schedule. What should I do about this? We are engaged and next month will be our one year anniversary. I need help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 12:54 PM

Easy, no sex till he goes to see the doctor, gets treatment and is cleared. In most cases he should be running. It sounds like there are some issues, from non respect to perhaps other issues with him.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:57 PM

Yes... no sex until you both get treated! You cannot have sex until you are done with your medication. One of you could still have it and pass it back.

Did your doctor give you the meds? From what I've heard... the doctor should have prescribed an extra bottle for your partner.

GET THE PRESCRIPTION FOR BOTH OF YOU!
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
    How do you know that you have Chlamydia if you haven't been to see the doctor yet?

If you were told by a doctor that you have Chlamydia, they should have prescribed you medication.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 08_777444 View Post
    How do you know that you have Chlamydia if you haven’t been to see the doctor yet?

If you were told by a doctor that you have Chlamydia, they should have prescribed you medication.
    Yeah... that was confusing. How would she know if she hasn't gone to the doctor? Weird.

I think she means he needs to go back with her.

The doctor should just automatically prescribe the medication for him too. Since she tested positive... her partner has it as well.

Nov 17, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    yeah...that was confusing. how would she know if she hasn't gone to the doctor? weird.

i think she means he needs to go back with her.

the doctor should just automatically prescribe the medication for him too. since she tested positive...her partner has it as well.
    Right, right.

But it doesn't sound like she has gone to see the doctor yet. Usually, if the doctor tells you that you have Chlamydia, they don't just let you walk out the door, they treat you, and your partner.

She is only 16. Will that interfere with her getting treatment without her parents consent?
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 08_777444 View Post
    Right, right.

But it doesn't sound like she has gone to see the doctor yet. Usually, if the doctor tells you that you have Chlamydia, they don't just let you walk out the door, they treat you, and your partner.

She is only 16. Will that interfere with her getting treatment without her parents consent?
    It depends on where she was diagnosed. If it was her family doctor, I am not sure. If it was planned parenthood or any other state program for teens, then she can keep it confidential.

Nov 17, 2008, 01:49 PM
    If her age is not an issue, I would recommend she go to her local health department. The testing and treatment are free.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 02:32 PM
    No doctor/nurse is allowed to discuss medical treatment with anyone other than the patient without the patient's permission.

So, you are engaged? How did you get chalmydia? One of the two of you had to have an affair as it is a sexually transmitted disease. One of the two of you had to have been exposed to it by another person.

Now, if you are not on meds yet, you NEED to be, if left untreated this could cause you to become infertile and not have children.

If you are in the US, go to your local health department, they are required to test you and test your partner. If he will not go with you, they will go to him and get him to come for testing and treatment.
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Nov 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
    If you don't know what chlamydia is then you shouldn't be having sex. If your one year anniversary is coming up then you either had it for a long time or someone cheated because it is a sexually transmitted disease. If left untreated it can cause serious damage to your insides. You and your boyfriend need to go to the doctor ASAP to get treated. You also need to stop having any sexual contact with each other until you are treated and re-tested.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Nov 17, 2008, 10:12 PM
    I find myself distrusting your boyfriends claim that he doesn't know what clamydia is. I'm 18 and during my time in high school they had given us so many safe sex/std lectures that there was no way you'd escape without knowing every single std. But he's the only one that really knows.

Get out before you get something permanent, like herpes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlamydia from hot tub? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend 's friends girlfriend told me she has an std and she hasn't had sexual contact with any but her boyfriend, and he says he has not cheated, so I was wondering if it was possible for someone to get an std if they had no sexual contact with any one other then their partner? Mainly...

What are the odds that I have Chlamydia? [ 3 Answers ]

I’m a 21-year-old female. My boyfriend and I have been in a monogamous relationship for a year and we were both virgin before we got together. We’ve been having sex regularly for about 4 months now. I believe that we are both sexually healthy, but I’m just curious about some STDs. I just read...

Chlamydia [ 8 Answers ]

I was just diagnosed with Chlamydia and am devastated!! I am married and have had the same partner for the past 6 years. Could I have had this and just not shown any symptoms before now? I was married before and he cheated on me and I left the relationship, but that was like 6 1/2 years ago! I...

Chlamydia [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have posted on here before regarding that my now ex partner had been receiving masturbation from prostitutes. My last pap smear two months ago showed that I have the hpv virus. I got my other tests back today and I also have chlamydia, for which my doctor has given me antibiotics. My ex...

View more questions Search