Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emberandashes Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Meteor showers or other visible events
    Anyone know when and where some meteor showers are going to be for this year... I want to take my friend to one
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 07:29 PM

This week there was a large shower.

Apparently a large asteroid was impacted in the asteroid belt,causing a large debris field,this was some years ago,now we see the meteors and they are supposed to be large,burning fireballs,not the typical small shots in the dark type either.

It was a Yahoo news story at the end of last week.

You might look it up in a yahoo/google search.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Nov 12, 2008, 09:46 AM

Try http://meteorshowersonline.com/. There Is one this month on the 17nth but the moon will apparently be rather bright, diminishing the shower somewhat.

Note that intensity of showers can vary from year to year and a bright moon, as noted, may detract from the shower. Also it may occur (or be at maximum) late at night/early morning. If you are in or near a city, be prepared to drive to a location away from lights. A good shower can be an awesome thing and worth the trouble. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drive are not visible [ 1 Answers ]

I`m using windows 2000 and having 4 partitions(I,e. c,d,e,f).Now the problem is in My Computer I`m not able to access c: and F: drives and these two drives are not visible also.I tried using general and safe mode.but no use.I am having avg 8.0.while scanning it detects all those drives.Please tell...

Commet, asteroid, and a meteor? [ 3 Answers ]

What exactly is the difference between a commet, an asteroid, and a meteor?

Best Meteor Shower of 2007 Peaks Dec. 13 [ 6 Answers ]

... that is, if you can see Gemini from your location: Best Meteor Shower of 2007 Peaks Dec. 13 - Yahoo! News

Meteor Showers [ 2 Answers ]

The Perseids are up this month. The particles are from a comet that cruises by our sun every 130 years. Why do we see the particles once a year? Shouldn't it be once every 130 years?

Lan is not visible [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, In my PC LAN is not visible. When I right click on my network places it shows only make new connection but it doesn't show the LAN. What could be the problem. Please reply asap. Babu

View more questions Search