Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Merged posts
    My sales performance will determine whether I keep this job or not. I like it but I have to get my peformance up.

I receive calls from persons who are needing to hire a contractor. It could be from maid service to moving a trailor.

After we find a contractor in their area for them, this is where I really need help because they want us to cross sell. We have more homeowners to call than business people. They want us to get the customer to agree to receive calls from other contractors for other work they may need to get done now or planning in the near future.

So we may ask them questions like: What other home projects have you been planning? What up and coming projects do you have that you would like to get estimates for?
    Are there additional projects you are thinking about doing in your home? I can match you with contractors in your area that specialize in (whatever the case may be)

Most persons tell me, no that's all I need.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person needs there house inspected for termites.

What other contractors, (because of damage. I don't know all the scenarios) might they need besides a termite inspectior?

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person has a leaky toilet, or leaky kitchen sink pipe, I know they need a plummer.

What other contractors might they need because of damage to the cabinet, etc, and other scenarios, (I don't know of many of the scenarios)?

Thanks in advance.

I was told that finding out how old a house is will determine what time of work and contractors might be need.

For research purposes, can you explain that to me. I would think older homes 25 years or older may need to be updated in some ways perhaps electrically, etc.

Any tips would be appreciated about what type of work and contractor may be needed when homes are older..

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person needs to hire a contractor to put up a new fence.

I need to know for cross sell reasons, what other contractors, might be needed when a new fence is put in for any reason (such as enhancement to the job, what ever you may think of etc).

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person needs to hire a contractor to put up repair a ceiling (fix a large whole and paint it)

I need to know for cross selling reasons, what other contractors, might be needed or wanted for any reason (such as enhancement to the job, what ever you may think of etc).

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person needs to hire a contractor to put up replace gutters.

I need to know for cross selling reasons, what other contractors, might be needed or wanted for any reason (such as enhancement to the job, what ever you may think of etc).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, if a person needs to hire a contractor to put up put up fans and light fixtures.

Thanks in advance.

For my research info, (for cross selling purposes and to recommend at the time of the request for a termite inspection )if a person needs there house inspected for termites.

What other contractors, at the time of inspection, (for whatever reason, I don't know all the scenarios) might they need besides a termite inspectior?

You can state the reason why the other contractors may be needed.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

For my research purposes, I was told that in trying to take care of a customer needs who may be calling in for work done, it could be for any reason (plumbing, puttting up ceiling fans). To be able to cross sell to see what other contractors they might need, one question to ask is how old is their house.

I need help in understanding that. I know if it older (I don't know how old) they do say it may need some type of inspections.

If you can elaborate on what older houses may need (how old) They may need inspections (what type) or whatever common and not so common contractor work may be needed)

I guess newer home may need other contractors work perhaps decorating, or whatever scenarios you see.

Thanks in advance.

For my research purposes, I was told that in trying to take care of a customer needs who may be calling in for work done, it could be for any reason (plumbing, puttting up ceiling fans). To be able to cross sell to see what other contractors they might need, one question to ask is how old is their house.

I need help in understanding that. I know if it older (I don't know how old) they do say it may need some type of inspections.

If you can elaborate on what older houses may need (how old) They may need inspections (what type) or whatever common and not so common contractor work may be needed)

I guess newer home may need other contractors work perhaps decorating, or whatever scenarios you see.

Thanks in advance.

For my research purposes, If a home need wall repair what contractors would be need if the damage was done by these different scenarios:

Water damage
    Break in
    Kids
    Earthquakes

Thanks in advance.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 01:43 PM
    You got to figure out how to ask open ended questions that can't be answered with yes or no.

Like, now that we have taken care of this for you, would you be thinking about some work on your roof, or does your basement need more attention?

It's difficult to give specific examples as I know little of your business, but the more chances you give them to say no, the less successful you will be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 02:22 PM
    People often get painters, carpet cleaning, side walks to be pressure washed,
    cborraez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 01:00 PM

I think you need to learn as much as possible about the services you offer, You also need to learn as much about the customer's needs, (by asking questions). Once you do that, you can be more helpful to your clients by making useful suggestions. Make sure you like and understand your own company's services in order for you to sell them.
    mer333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:43 PM

How do you bid a building on square footage
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mer333 View Post
    How do you bid a building on square footage
    You cannot piggyback someone else's question. Create a new thread to ask your question.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 11:47 PM

Lawn service, landscaping, tree service, house painting (in and out), window washing, garage floor sealing, room remolding, room additions, HVAC work, air duct cleaning, furnace/air conditioner repair, furniture cleaning, hard wood floor care/repair, Interior decorating, seasonal out side displays, alarm/security systems, in ground watering systems, basement water damage repair, fix cracks in basement walls, home theater installation, etc.

To name a few...

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examp [ 10 Answers ]

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examples

Can you give me tips on being a good sales person? [ 4 Answers ]

Ive pretty much always been a server but I wanted to change it up a bit and just recently got a job at a very nice tanning salon. So nice were ranked top 10 in the nation. I love it so far and there so good at training people that I feel very comfertable with talking to customers about anything we...

Sales Credit in a Sales Journal [ 3 Answers ]

2/10, n/30 :confused: COLO COMPANY Sales Journal AR Debit COGS Inv. Trans. Sales Debit Date Account Debited No. No. Credit Inv. Credit May 2 Hensel Company 8785 83 4,100 16 Hensel Company 8786 84 1,890 ...

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

View more questions Search