Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1dazed1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Overwhelmed by life.
    Lately I've been really struggling. The little day to day responsibilities of my life seemlike too much. I have 2 young children, ages 2 & 3, and I work part-time as an administrative assistant (10 hours per week @ the office), plus approximately 10 additional hours per week at home/in the field. As I'm typing this my kids are destroying the playroom around me and it is making me crazy. The thought of cleaning it up AGAIN once they go to bed tonight, while I'm exhausted, and dreding the fact that I can't yet go to bed myself because I have work that's piling up or laundry/cleaning that has to be done. It's like there just aren't enough hours in the day to complete 1/2 of what has to be done. I love and cherish my children & I hate that I'm feeling this way. On top of all that I harbor tons of guilt for even feeling like I need some quiet time for myself - even just a shower/bath in private is a rare thing for me. My husband works long hours - leaving the house at 6:00 am and not returning from work until after 6 most evenings. He also needs time after work to go to the gym/workout and such. I'm so totally overwhelmed & stressed out. Please, if you have any insight or suggestions I would appreciate it.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
    You have to have a plan/schedule and stick to it. You would be surprised at how much time you can recover each day.

In addition, you need to take the kids out to a park and wear them out having them run around and play... put them to bed early.
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jul 8, 2008, 03:36 PM
    You should talk to your husband, He should be your closest ally and therefore this problem isn't yours it belongs to the both of you.

As his wife and the mother of his children he should want you to be at your very best: mentally, emotionally, physically everything. So share this with him!

For yourself you have to know that: You are the only mother your children have, So you have to be very good to yourself in order to be the best parent you can be for them.

That means making time for yourself, engaging in things that interest you, having date nights to reconnect with your husband etc.

You aren't alone in the way you feel, It may be helpful to go out to places where you can meet similar mothers to connect with... parks, church wherever!

Remember that not only does your husband work long hours and needs his own time after work but You are entitled to the same luxury: by all means you are working the equivalent of at least 2 full time jobs raising your very young children!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Maybe you can get a nanny to help around the house.. to help clean and cook and watch the kids every now and then..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Well first, no your husband wants to go to the gym he does not have to go, esp every day. And what job does he do that requires him to work 12 hours a day, is he paid for all of that time?

But when he gets home at 6 there is no reason he can't help with laundry or put the kids to bed, give them baths and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So overwhelmed by love & loyalty [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my current boyfriend on and off for about 5-6 years, it seems no matter how we break up or what happens, we always seem to somehow find ourselves together again. I'm 19 years old, and now I'm pregnant. We have been looking for places to move in together and he tells me how lost...

Feeling overwhelmed and no-one I can talk to. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a 21 year old Girl from South Africa who's currently studying Animation in Vancouver. I came to this country alone and I've been living here since September 2007. For the past week I feel I have more on my plate than I can handle. I have 6 assignments that need constant attention for school...

Overwhelmed about my financial situation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lot of money out in a lot of companies and I just started over with my life abd I'm 19 going to 20 soon and the bills are equal amount of 2,500 of debt abd I have a truck in my name. I bought the truck for 4,000 dollars and I made about 11 Payments of 140.00 to my bank, and my truck is now...

Feeling overwhelmed [ 5 Answers ]

:( have you ever had one of those days? The x-husband & x-mother-in-law showed up at my work today to drop something off. He was upset I didn't bring our daughter over to his mothers last night for trick or treating. He had to ask in front of her why I didn't. He just has this ora about him...

Overwhelmed by credit card debt [ 12 Answers ]

I fell behind on numerous credit cards and now I'm getting calls non stop from collection departments. The balances are escalating daily between overlimit charges and late fees. I was always on time, but have hit some hard times in terms of income and savings. My first priority is to pay the...

View more questions Search