Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodnews Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Accounting
    On may 1,EZ plumbing buys plumbing materials with a list price of $550 at the time of the purchase, ez gives halpin a check for $225 and ask halpin to put the remainder of the purchase on its account, which already has a balance of $475 on July 1 ez goes out of business without making any additional purchasses or payments. Halpin learns it will be unable to collect the outstanding recievable balnce.halpin uses the direct writeoff method to account for bad debts
    Kristielance7985: the amount halpin plumbing supplies record as sales revenus for the may 1 is $55 $496 $540 $550

2 What journal entry will Halpin make to record the May 1 sale?
    A. Debit Sales Revenue, credit Accounts Receivable
    B. Credit Sales Revenue, debit Accounts Receivable
    C. Debit Sales Revenue, debit Cash, credit Accounts Receivable
    D. Credit Sales Revenue, debit Cash, debit Accounts Receivable
    3. What balance will Halpin’s accounts receivable subsidiary ledger show for EZ Plumbing
    Immediately after the May 1 sale?
    A. $475 C. $745
    B. $550 D. $800
    4. What entry will Halpin make on July 1 to record the bad debt?
    A. Credit Bad Debt Expense, debit Sales Revenue
    B. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Sales Revenue
    C. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
    D. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Accounts Receivable—EZ Plumbing
    Use the following data to answer Questions 5

Mar 24, 2008, 11:09 PM
    On May 1, EZ Plumbing buys materials with a list price of $550. At the time of the purchase, EZ gives Halpin a check for $225 and asks Halpin to put the remainder of the purchase on its account, which already has a balance of $475. On July 1, EZ goes out of business without making any additional purchases or payments. Halpin learns it will be unable to collect the outstanding receivable balance. Halpin uses the direct write off method to account for bad debts.
    1.) The amount Halpin Plumbing supplies should record as sales revenue for the May 1 transaction is. a. 55 b.495 c.540 d. 550. I answered $550 is this correct?

Mar 24, 2008, 11:11 PM
    2. What journal entry will Halpin make to record the May 1 sale?
    A. Debit Sales Revenue, credit Accounts Receivable
    B. Credit Sales Revenue, debit Accounts Receivable
    C. Debit Sales Revenue, debit Cash, credit Accounts Receivable
    D. Credit Sales Revenue, debit Cash, debit Accounts Receivable
    3. What balance will Halpin's accounts receivable subsidiary ledger show for EZ Plumbing
    Immediately after the May 1 sale?
    A. $475 C. $745
    B. $550 D. $800
    4. What entry will Halpin make on July 1 to record the bad debt?
    A. Credit Bad Debt Expense, debit Sales Revenue
    B. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Sales Revenue
    C. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
    D. Debit Bad Debt Expense, credit Accounts Receivable—EZ Plumbing
    Use the following data to answer Questions 5

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know about the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting. Thanks ! Sincerely Yours, Mohammad Naim

Accounting steps for the accounting cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I think I wrote all the steps wrong can someone correct them for me thanks. List the following steps of the accounting cycle in their proper order: a) Preparing the post-closing trial balance.9 b) Posting the journal entries c) Journalizing and posting adjusting entries d) Preparing the...

Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an assignment due today and, I am lost on this. Can someone please help me? Where can I find information on how to creat a balance sheet

Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

On January 1, 2002 Fulbrite Services Inc. purchased a new machine for $600,000. The machine had an estimate useful life of eight years and a salvage value of $150,000. Fulbrite elected to depreciate the machine using the double declining balance method. ON January 1, 2005, the company decided...

Accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Required: Using the direct method, convert the company’s income statement to a cash basis. December 31 2002 2001 Cash $ 4 7 Accounts Receivable 36 29 Inventory 75 61 Plant and equipment 210 180 Accumulated depreciation (40) ...

View more questions Search