Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craneman47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Non-compete clause
    If a salesman signed a non-compete clause in the industrial industry 6 1/2 years ago and the contract terms have changed without signing a new non-compete clause is it enforceable? He is not privy to "trade secrets".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Hello crane:

Most non-compete agreements aren't legal if they prevent a person from working in their chosen profession for more than a year or so.

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 10:44 AM
    What do you mean by "the contract terms have changed"? I would think if there were any material changes then the employee would have to sign the new version to make it binding - unless the original contract you signed included a clause that said as long as you're an employee you are bound by whatever changes the company may make in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No compete clause [ 5 Answers ]

How do you get out of this so you can work in your field

Non compete agreement [ 1 Answers ]

About 10-12 years ago, I was given a non compete agreement by my employer in St.Johns NL. At that time the contract stated that if I didn't sign it my employment would be terminated. A short while after I was given another one to sign because the first one was no good. The second one didn't say...

Non compete [ 3 Answers ]

How To Get Out Of A Non-compete Agreement.

No compete [ 1 Answers ]

How can you get out of this clouse, so you can work in your field

Can I get out of my non-compete? [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I signed a non-compete when I first got into real estate. The company I work for is a bit specialized in that we only sell condo conversions investments. Because the company is specialized, does that mean I can't work for another similar company? A cousin of mine is going to open the a real...

View more questions Search