Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_Burt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Need Bioligical mothers maiden name
    I was raised by my dad's mom. My father passed away several years ago. I now need my biological mothers name as I lost my birth certificate and it was only the card form that didn't have my parents name. I have my ID and Social but can't apply for a new BC without Her name. What can I do?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Is it possible to find your parents wedding license it will have her maiden name on it.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Burt
    I was raised by my dad's mom. My father passed away several years ago. I now need my biological mothers name as I lost my birth certificate and it was only the card form that didn't have my parents name. I have my ID and Social but can't apply for a new BC without Her name. What can I do?
    Can't apply for a new copy of the certificate without her name?

I'm not sure I understand, so sorry if my response doesn't help. ;)
    The clerk's office in the county where you were born has the original birth certificate. If you just need copies made, you should only need your name, birthday... if they want parents names, put n/a under mother's maiden. If they question you, gently explain you do not know her maiden name. I would hope they can't hold that against you and deny giving you a copy! Plus, the copy would show you her maiden name even if she was married at the time you were born.

I copied this from what my county clerk office requires: (I blanked out the area for my own privacy)
    Birth Certificates:

Birth records for births occurring in -- County are available from the Clerks office beginning with 1874.

Birth certificates are confidential records and available only to the person or parents of the person named on that record. Additional documentation will be required of applicants stating they are an heir, legal guardian or legal representative of the person named on the record.

This office requires a current valid driver's license or state issued ID as identification for birth certificate requests
    Every office could be different though... but here only your driver's license or another picture id would be needed. GOOD LUCK!
    Lostinohio85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 11:51 PM
    I believe you can just ask for a marriage license that's how I found my biological mothers maiden name, good luck sorry if this is of no help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maiden name [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anyplace on the web I can find a persons maiden name from just her married name?

How do I find out my mothers maiden name? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm adopted and I want to find out something about my mum right now. Her name is Dena Webster but I don't know her maiden name before she married my so called father. Please can someone help me find it out?

Maiden Name [ 3 Answers ]

Can I find an individuals maiden name by knowing their married name and date of birth?

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

View more questions Search