Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xXSam23Xx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 01:48 PM
    How to tighten a alternator belt on a 2001 mazda b3000
    I tried spraying some belt degreaser and it seemed to help until I got down the road, anyway it's a 2001 mazda b3000 dual sport 2wd and I cannot figure out how to tighten the alternator fan belt on it, the alternator does not rotate up or down so I cannot tighten the belt, if you know please let me know if you can.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2009, 01:57 PM

Read the link below on serpentine belts:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post578394

You likely need to replace the old belt, if it's worn or squealing. Easy job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the day time running light module on a 1994 mazda b3000 [ 0 Answers ]

Been looking all over for the day time running light module and can't find it any one know where it is on a 1994 mazda b3000

My high beams won't go off on my mazda b3000 [ 0 Answers ]

I own a 1994 mazda b3000 and my high beams stay on even though the key is off and the light switch is off now it is only the head lights staying on all the running lights stay off but they work still now is there a module on this year truck the only way I get the lights to go off is to disconnect...

2001 Civic alternator diagnosis [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Honda Civic, with probably bad alternator. With the engine running, I disconnected the output wire, confirmed 12 volts at the end of the disconnected alternator wire (from the manually charged battery), and read only 1.8 volts on the alternator output terminal with the engine at idle. With...

2001 Mazda Tribute [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets on my mazda, in addition to the pcv valve, spark plugs and the corroded vacuum lines. I used fuel injector spray cleaner to clean the throttle body also. I started it up and it ran a little rough at first, but then cleared up was...

Clothes dryer tighten belt tension [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the belt on our GE model DDP1380 SDMAD clothes dryer, but the belt's too loose. It's the same length as the old, broken belt. Is there any way to increase the tension on the idler pulley?

View more questions Search