Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dj505093 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 08:36 AM
    2001 Honda Odyssey Engine Light at 80000 miles.
    My dealer is charging $90/- to diagnoise the problem. It seems that he will get the code for the engine light. Has any one encountered this problem? What course is appropriate to take?

Thanks,
    DJ
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 09:22 AM
    You may be able to purchase a OBD II (OBD 2) reader at Local Auto Store. Maybe $40? Been a while.
    Plug in under steering wheel, turn key on, read codes. May be something you can fix.
    It will also alow you to clear the engine light.
    Actron makes one, and they have additional info/codes as well.
    ActronŽ
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 12:18 PM
    . Ensure the CEL didn't come on, simply due to a gas cap that needs to be tightened.
    . Buy a scan tool or code reader--every owner of a car made since 1996 should have one.
    . Report your code to us and we may be able to help you solve the problem.
    lolosgarage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Your local auto zone normanly reads them for free
    Dragonslayer Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 30, 2009, 09:03 PM

Common problems with the Odyssey are the EGR valve, EGR passages, EVAP system, and last but not least, a transmission nearing the end of its life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Odyssey Diagnostic Trouble Code PO740 [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's 2001 Honda Odyssey shows a check engine light trouble code of PO 740. A summary of service bulletin 05012004 says: Don't replace the solenoid if troubleshooting an A/T with diagnostic trouble code PO740 (lockup control system). What does the actual bulletin say to do? Thank you.

1999 Honda Accord: 84,000 miles; engine turns off [ 29 Answers ]

I have a 99 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder. While I was driving on the causeway at 50mph, the engine just shut off. NO lights on the dash came on, the engine cranked back up while gliding. I drove for about 1 more mile and the engine shut off again the same. I was able to glide into the 4th cross...

2001 Honda Civic Slow to Idle down;Check engine light [ 7 Answers ]

My 2001 Civic HX presented a check engine light with OBD 2 Codes P1166 and P1167. Runs normal with the exception of not idling down after acceleration or reving the engine. RPM's come down to 1200-1500 (normal running temp) for up to a second before returning to normanl RPM, approximately 750. ...

2001 Chrysler Sebring Check Engine Light [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reset the Check Engine light on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring?

Engine light on Chev venture 2001 [ 2 Answers ]

The engine light is on, we had the van in for some repairs but they couldn't get the light to go out after?

View more questions Search