Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clitty2345 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
    Nordyne furnace
    The pressure switch stays together. I have to blow in line to get switch to release contact from each other then it will fire up. What causes that and what makes the furnace open the pressure switch?
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
    Pressure switches do two jobs. They tell the control board that the flue gas purge blower is running and check for blockages in the flue and intake pipes. (If you have an intake pipe) . They can also be used as safety switches and can detect cracks in heat exchangers that could allow carbon-monoxide into the air stream blowing through it. You could have a bad pressure switch or a bad hose to it. A pin hole or crack in the hose could cause your problem. A blocked intake or flue pipe or cracked heat exchanger . Check your hoses and pipes, if no problem there, I'd have it inspected by a professonal.
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Pressure switches do two jobs. They tell the control board that the flue gas purge blower is running and check for blockages in the flue and intake pipes. (If you have an intake pipe) . They can also be used as safety switches and can detect cracks in heat exchangers that could allow carbon-monoxide into the air stream blowing through it. You could have a bad pressure switch or a bad hose to it. A pin hole or crack in the hose could cause your problem. A blocked intake or flue pipe or cracked heat exchanger . Check your hoses and pipes, if no problem there, I'd have it inspected by a professional.

Feb 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
    I was having same problem about a month ago. I thought it was the pressure switch bought new one worked for about 2-3 weeks then it wouldn't heat up the his to start flame. Exhaust fan just runs. It spins freely and turns. So I don't think that's clogged. I really think it's the condensate drain lines. How does the exchanger thingy crack.

Feb 24, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Any other help out there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne G7 furnace inducer & blower motor runs but furnace does not lite runs [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace inducer & blower motor operates but the furnace does not lite or burn

Nordyne G6RC furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne G6RC frunance that is not igniting. The Supply fan will not turn on when the thermostat is on the "heat" and "auto" fan position. But the furnace will try to fire. I can get the fan to come on when placed in the "on" position with but the furnace will stop trying fire. Am I looking...

Nordyne furnace [ 2 Answers ]

How to check gas pressure to Nordyne furnace.

I have a nordyne furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne Furnace. Model # M1MB070BW. I'm thinking I may need to replace the Flame Sensor on it. But I cannot locate one on this furnace. We just replace a gas valve on this furnace. It lights up for just a few seconds then the flame goes back out. Can you please give me a idea of where the...

Nordyne Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have A Nordyne Gas furnace in my home, work up this morning to a cold house. I can't find my manual to troubleshoot the problem. Status light is blinking twice. I can get furnace to work by by-passing the pressure switch w/jumper wire. Could the problem be the Combustion blower assembly. This...

View more questions Search