Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alborgi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Furnace Honeywell combination fan limit issues
    My furnace blower fan will not start in auto, and eventually the flame is shut off by a high limit on the squirrel cage. The safety is working so that's good.

Now I know that it should start, as I can see the fan control temp dial turning on the L4064B2954 Honeywell combination fan blower limit switch, and it definitely getting well past that setpoint. When I see that, I simply start the fan in manual, and then pull it out into auto, and it stays running. It shuts down fine.

I had to change out a bad blower motor a few days ago, and this is when the auto began to fail. Is it possible the bad motor damaged this combination fan limit switch, and is there a way for me to repair the switch some how?

I can buy one, but they are hard to find. 3-4 days to deliver from Thunder Bay.

Just looking for any kind of advice that's out there. My experience tells me it's pooched, but I just want a quick fix before Christmas.

Thanks, Albert
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 06:18 PM
    No repairing the honeywell fan/limit control. Just going to have to keep doing what you are doing to get by and wait for the new one. Have you checked with any local plumbing/hvac shops. Odds are they will have one in stock.

Dec 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Thanks for your response; yes I have checked locally, apparently that one is back ordered due to a manufacturers short fall. I may check kijiji though.

Dec 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Morning:

Got a replacement fan limit seitch a few days ago, locally I might add, and all is good. I took the old one out and inspected; it just seems to stick while turning. Not much to it electrically, contacts are fine. The only thing I can surmise is that the spring in the start mechanism had got weak. I tested it in a hot wood fire, not directly on the flame, and the switch easily came on in about 15 seconds. Then it stuck shutting down. Lol. This switch is mostly mechanical, and I was able to clean it, and get it to work well enough to be a spare

Thanks, Albert
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Thanks for the update. I truly appreciate that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan limit location on Carrier model # 58CVA110-22 furnace? [ 8 Answers ]

Where is the fan limit located on the Carrier 58CVA110-22 furnace? This furnace is flashing code 34.

Furnace fan hi limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XV80 two stage furnace. While on vacation the house sitter called and reported that the house temp had fallen to 34-degrees. He told me that the thermostat would not allow him to set a temp above 32-degrees. The thermostat is a White-Rogers 1F80-51 programmable Electronic Digital...

To replace A Cam Stat Fan limit with a Honeywell [ 8 Answers ]

Hi guys, Am going to replace the current Cam Stat Fan limit on my old furnace coleman with a honey well 8 ". Could you specify the diagram for wiring on honeywell. Thanks for your prompt answers

Wiring for an older ge furnace fan limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older ge furnace that I can not figure out the wiring for fan and limit switch. There are 3 wires coming out of the switch. The red one marked limit goes to the 24v trnsformer, the green wire marked fan goes to the furnace sequncer. The other wire is black and unlabeled. Were does this...

View more questions Search