Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keith57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Controlling 6 separate heating zones from one timer/controller
    I have 6 separate zones each with it's own thermostat and would like to have one master control to override any of the other thermostats from calling for heat. I was thinking of conneting all the low voltage thermostat wires through a 24 hour timer that disconnects the thermostat from calling for heat during night time hours (while sleeping). ANy ideas.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 04:23 PM
    You could use a time controlled device to supply power to the boiler itself, or the zone control box. Or install programmable stats. Or better yet, just turn all the stats down at night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 3 switches, each controlling a separate light [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire 3 switches in the same box, each controlling a different light? Thanks. David

One of my heating zones is not working [ 6 Answers ]

I have baseboard forced hot water system with 3 zones. The problem is that the 3rd zone (upstairs) only kicks in when the 1 zone (basement) is working. I changed the thermostat in the 3rd zone but to no avail. I only have heat in the 3rd zone when the 1st zone is working.

Controlling two separate switches (for fan) with one remote [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a celing fan that is controlled from two separate switches on the wall: one for the fan, the other for the lighting. I'd like to be able to use a single remote control to control both. I've found remote control conversion kits, but it's made for a SINGLE switch setup. Is there...

1 out of 3 heating zones not working [ 3 Answers ]

Our heating system seems to be operational... specially given the fact that 2 out of the three zones work like a charm. The zone that doesn't work uses a "Honeywell V8043 E 1012 motorized valve", and since the problem started, we've replaced the motor only... and it didn't work. Now, we've...

View more questions Search