deena2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Efficiency
    1. A 100w light bulb produces 8w of light
    What happens to the other 92w?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 04:03 AM
    What other forms of energy do you know about? Which of these could be generated by the light bulb also?
    Evil dead Posts: 116, Reputation: -5

Jan 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Erm... radiation as heat?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Yes that's the main one. Pretty much all of it is heat.

If you think about it, in order to emit mostly visible light, it has to be as hot as the sun. Which it isn't, and so it emits in the infra-red, which is heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jet engine efficiency [ 6 Answers ]

Which would be considered to be the better design over-all? One huge jet engine, or two smaller ones of the same design? I know jets are not measured in the same way, but to give an analogy with normal piston engines, I would be asking: is 500cc single-cylinder, or two 250cc cylinders the better...

Efficiency of Skylights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question concerning the efficiency of skylights other than for some extra light in some rooms that would ordinarily be too dark and/or for aesthetic value. Any of the skylights I've seen used in main living areas seem to serve most efficiently as heaters... in the summer. Therefore, I...

Lighting efficiency [ 3 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone can speak in generalities about lighting efficiency. My recollection is that High Pressure Sodium is the highest efficiency, with the most photons in the visible spectra per watt. Where do flourescents, CFL, metal halide, etc. fit in? Let's ignore spectra of the...

Efficiency of School Uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

My question is what is the efficiency of school uniforms? It is for a debate and I need the negative side of school uniforms. What I have is that they do not help the learning process.

Production efficiency [ 4 Answers ]

How to improve and increase production in simple steps?

View more questions Search