Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Traines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Intertherm furnace burner keeps turning off after about 6 seconds.
    My intertherm furnace keeps turning off after about 6 seconds. It'll be off for about a minute then will burn again for six seconds and stop. This keeps repeating.
    DuRagg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Try checking your plug. Can it be upside down? That is commonly caused by reversed polarity. If it's a new install they could have wired it backward. The other issue could be that one burner may not be firing, or the safety sensor that senses the flame could be bad. But don't clean the sensor. It is delicate and if cleaned improperly will make it fail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm mobile home furnace gas valve/burner [ 9 Answers ]

I am the third person attempting to repair a problem with a Intertherm 1155 natural gas furnace, manufactured in '73. The problem is, that the pilot extinguishes when the burner shuts down. Someone else has replaced the gas valve with a universal type. The vent tube is in place, in the pilot...

Air conditioner keeps turning on and off every seconds [ 4 Answers ]

I had a new furnace installed in Oct and now its May and Im trying to turn my air conditioner on. The fan outside keeps turning on and off every 2 seconds. Air conditoner ( Fan) will not stay on. The thermost you can hear tuning on and off.

Gmp 1 00-4 furnace not turning on main burner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a gmp 1 00-4 Gas furnace. I guess it is more than 10 years old since the house is built in 1995. The furnace was working fine last year, but this year, it stopped working. I have searched the internet and followed some of the instructions and here are the status: Call for...

View more questions Search