Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lar3218 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Furnace 3 amp fuse blows after install of honeywell HE360 humidifier
    My wife's uncle installed a new honeywell HE360 humidifier and now the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing?
    I had a humidifier before and just installed a new onewhat could be the problem?
    Please help
    Thank you
    Larry
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Double check the electric rating for the new humidifier, it might be more than 3 amps.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Another tought, how good is your wife's uncle at installing things? Double check his connections. It is pretty straight forward and difficult to do wrong, but it's posible.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 10:11 PM
    For the 3 amp fuse to blow means that the amp usage is to high or that there is a shorted wire in the low voltage wiring. Make sure a wire has not been cut where it might be pulled tight against some sharp metal. Do you have a meter that will check amperage as low as 1 amp? The actual amperage draw should not be much more than 1 amp if that much.
    lar3218 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Hi
    Thanks EVERYONE

My wife's incle is a a/c heating licensed, for more than 30 years, but guess what... he found the problem, well with the old carrier humidifier, that was installed w carrier furnace, the 24 volt feed went off the circuit bd that has the 3 amp fuse. Well this new Honeywell HE360 has a transformer in the fan unit, so it gets the 24 volts at the humidifier. So when we had it hooked up, it was getting the 24 volts from the circuit board and the humidifier unit!!

He also took the furnace out of line and now it works fine, but we now must buy a current sensing relay to have the Honeywell Humidifier work

And he proved it to me by taking amp readings. and it blew the Honeywell, I took it back to Home depot, got a new one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

Goodman controller board fuse blows [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMPN120-5, service guy replaced PCB in Aug due to A/C failure, root cause unkknown or not documented. Last week I turned on heat for first time this season, now nothing runs. Service guy returned, located blown 3A PCB fuse, replaced, still blows. Replaced fuse with 5A for testing...

Honeywell Heating system blows cold and won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

We have a honeywell heating system in our home for central heat. Occasionally, it blows cold or won't turn off no matter what settings we choose. We have had Sears here a few times but the problem continues to ban issue. Can anyone tell us what to do?

Water leaking from humidifier into furnace [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I woke up and found water on floor in basement which seems to be coming from humidifier. Is my furnace ruined?:confused:

Wire Honeywell Humidifier [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HE360A humidifier, an h8908b manual humidistat and a two stage Trane Furnace. The Furnace already has a 120 to 24v transformer wired to the furmace, which is how the old April air humidifier was wired. There are two yellow wires coming out of the water inlet solenoid on the...

View more questions Search