Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjimm Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Installed Honeywell rth7400 thermostat, fan runs all the time in emergency heat
    I have installed a Honeywell rth7400 thermostat on my York Heat Pump. The normal heating and cooling cycles work fine, but in the "emer heat" mode, the circulating fan in the inside unit runs all the time. I have verified that the resistor elements cycle as they should and the house temp is held at the set point.

So, my question is, why won't the fan shut off when the resistor elements bring the house to the set temp in the "emer heat" setting. It does shut off fine in the ac and normal heat mode.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 07:28 AM

Do you actually have a wire on e or is it jumped to aux?

May 9, 2010, 12:43 PM

I am connected with the X wire to the E terminal on the Thermostat and the W wire to the Aux terminal. No jumper is used.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 03:42 PM

take of the x wire, should be hooked to x or L on the stat. then put a jumper from aux to e.

May 9, 2010, 04:21 PM

There is no x terminal on the stat, so I will hook it to L. And I will add the jumper

May 9, 2010, 04:46 PM

OK, made both changes and have cycled the 'emergency heat' twice now going up a degree each time and it worked just fine. Thanks for the prompt and concise help.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 06:12 PM

No problem, glad you got it working!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat for heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 24 year old Bryant heat pump thermostat with two mercury switches, part number P271-3457 with a Honeywell RTH7400. It controls a heat pump/air conditioner with electric thermal storage (equivalent to electric resistance backup) as second stage heating. The Honeywell manual and...

Wiring a Honeywell thermostat RTH7400 w/ heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a Honeywell thermostat, model unknown, 8 wires w/ emergency heat pump with a programmable Honeywell thermostat, model RTH7400. The instructions for placement of the wires onto the new thermostat are conflicting, to say the least. The following are the terminal codes on the old...

Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm attempting to replace my old manual thermostat on a 2 stage heat pump with a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable unit. I'm having trouble matching up the wiring. I have: W2 R B Y G X The Honeywell thermostat has receptacles for the following:

Installing RTH7400 Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my (old) Honeywell T8411R thermostat with a (new)Honeywell RTH7400 programmable thermostat. I need help wiring to the new thermostat. My H/C system is a heat pump system. The old thermostat is wired to the following terminals: W1 - White W2 - Brown G - Green R - Red C - Blue...

Installed Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat but get no power [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to comb through the threads to find a problem that fits mine, but I didn't find it. So please forgive me if this is a repeat question for something that has already been presented. I have just installed 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats (RTH7000 series). The one for my...

View more questions Search