Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrhugginstuff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 08:27 PM
    What do I do about a Trane XR80 with the light flashing twice and providing no heat?
    I have a Trane XR80 that was installed new in the summer of 2004. Tonight it appears to not be functioning correctly for the first time. The error light is blinking twice, I have replaced the air filter, made sure the pilot is on and the gas valve is open. The unit appears to turn on and ignite the burner for about 3 to 5 seconds and then shuts off.
    Persona Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:32 PM

Could be the Ignitor. I would suggest power cycling the system twice within 30 secs. I would also suggest calling and getting a service quote from a trained HVAC professional. If it is the ignitor? Should be fairly quick fix. But a fix that a professional should handle when working with gas units.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 blinking door light [ 2 Answers ]

The red light on my Trane XR80 furnace continuously blinks. I never noticed it before, but the heater seems to be working OK. I cleaned the filter about 3 weeks ago. I looked inside the door but it says heat Call and No heat call? Is this normal?

Trane XB90 Gas Furnace -Red Flashing Light [ 6 Answers ]

My Trane XB90 Gas furnace has a red flashing led light. Is this a problem? What does it mean? Thanks in advance...

Trane xr80 9 flashing led lights [ 1 Answers ]

My Trane xr80 has 9 fast flashing Led lights...

Blinking light on Trane XR80 furnace [ 1 Answers ]

What does the blinking light on a Trane XR80 furnace mean? And how do I fix it?

Dianostic light flashes 3 times on trane xr80 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane xr80 furnace, the dianostic light is flashing 3 times and furnace won't light, what can I do

View more questions Search