Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hummy Carton Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Washing machine needs 3 spins to wring wet laundry
    Could someone please tell me if our washing machine problem is fixable?

We have to spin our load three times to get the water out of the garments sufficiently to hang on a washing line. It washes fine and spins okay but the garments are still wet until the third spin cycle. Mind you, it has done well because the machine is 23 years old!

It is a Zanussi FL1012 and I have just fitted a new belt which hasn't made any difference.

Thank you
    Andy
    KingJasper05 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2008, 08:46 AM

Have you researched the draining of the system? Are you able to take a couple pails of water and pour continually into the draining system to see if there's any backup?

On the earlier spin cycles does the tub spinning seem sluggish compared to the final spin you put it through?

Dec 12, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Thank you for replying so quickly and sorry but I don't know much about washing machines except how to use one and how to replace the main belt. How do you test the draining system? Do you mean to pour a couple of buckets of water into the main tub and watch to see if it comes out the pipe at the back?

In answer to your second question the spins are absolutely fine and don't seem sluggish at all.
    KingJasper05 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2008, 10:03 AM

Nope. Pour the water into the pipe in the back. Direct from the bucket without using the laundry tub.

This will help determine that the problem is either a plugged up drain line or that it drains fast as it should.

From there if it drains fast the issue becomes mechanical and focuses on the washing machine.

Dec 20, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Thank you very much for your help. I will try your suggestions when I am fit again. Have been ill in bed since you replied!

Jan 10, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Tried your suggestion. No blockage found. Had to give in and buy a new washing machine after 24 years!

Thank you anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Washer spins but does not wring properly [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a GE washer model: WJRR4170G0WW that spins but does not wring the water out of the clothes well (you can still squeeze the water out of the clothes when the cycle complete). Much help will be appreciated.

Washing machine and dishwasher waste [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently moved into a 4th floor flat where the washing machine and dishwasher waste both go into the trap (double nozzle trap) under the kitchen sink. However despite not using both appliances at the same time when either machine empties its waste it is coming back up into the sink, and when I...

Unbalanced washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

What do I do if my washing machine has become completely unbalanced?:confused:

Kenmore 80 Washing Machine Off-Balance [ 1 Answers ]

My wife washed a blanket that broke apart mid wash and clogged up the tub. I disassembled the tub and washed everything out. Put it back to gather and the tub rotates but wobbles. I checked the springs and counter weights but the washer still break dances. I need assistance with pictures if...

View more questions Search