Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Static Shock on Concret Deck of Fiberglass pool
    I read others questons regarding static shock on their concrete deck of a fiberglass pool, however has there been any suggestions to the solution.

I have also had everything electrical discounted from the pool, filter, light kit, pump. Shut down breakers inside the house. Have contacted the city electric company, they came out and tested everything regarding underground lines, and no voltage leaks have been detected. I have a master electrican scheduled this week.

Was there any idea's as to where and why this is occurring. I too am very concerned of liability on my part with kids getting zapped.

The pump has not run since Tuesday 6/24. I am so frustrated will what seems little hope of a solution.

Have other pool owners continued to use their pool? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
    You can run the pump if it is wired and bonded correctly. That is RARELY the problem, especially given the fact that you shut everything down and the problem still exists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mild electrical shock in swimming pool [ 72 Answers ]

:eek: Our swimming pool pump is grounded to the ladder in the pool and also to a copper grounding rod in the ground. The problem is when you touch the wet concrete around the pool while touching the water in the pool you get a mild shock. We've checked it with a voltage meter{the blk. Electrode...

Replacement coping for our inground fiberglass pool [ 2 Answers ]

Our pool was constructed back in the 1960's. It is made of fiberglass wall construction and has a concrete bottom. Dimensions are 20x40. The pool was not maintained very well prior to our purchasing the home. The edging (I assume it is called coping) is made of a vinyl material and fits into a...

Black spots on fiberglass pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have black spots on the floor and walls of a fiberglass pool. I have tried to scratch them off with a fingernail but nothing happens. What could they be and how do I remove them?

Inground fiberglass pool [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know some basic rules to follow when removing an inground fiberglass pool. Does the pool need to be removed at all? If so does it need to be removed intact or can it be torn down into smaller parts? I am looking for information so when I contact a contractor I will know what kind of...

Fiberglass Inground Pool.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Does anyone have any insight or experience related to having a fiberglass inground pool installed? Any information, pitfalls, pros & cons appreciated! Thank you in advance!:)

View more questions Search