Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheldon1968 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Forced Air Fan Heater
    I have just bought a Dimplex Forced Air Fan heater and want to connect it to the wall where an baseboard heater was.

The Forced Air Fan heater has three wires... Red, Black, and then a Blue wire. The wires from the wall are Red, Black and then what appears to be a ground wire. I also have a Honeywell digital non-programmable thermostat on the wall which was for the existing baseboard heater...

My question: What wires do I connect from the wall to the forced air heater?
    Is it Black to Black, Red to Red and then the Blue wire to the bare ground wire I think??

HELPPPPPPPPP
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Did the fan come with wiring diagrams? Ground should be green or bare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Forced Hot Air Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I've noticed lately that my forced hot hair heating system is louder than it used to be. I have to turn up the TV when it goes on. I don't recall it ever being that noticeable or loud. Any suggestions on what it could be?

Forced air heater no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Day and Night (over 16 y/o) gas forced air heater that is blowing cool air only. The Model # is 8OU-19A or 8QU-19A. The igniter/pilot appears to be working fine & when the temp controls are raised the fan comes on but the main burners do not. Where do I start, even if the pilot seems...

Forced air heater [ 1 Answers ]

Blows 3 amp fuse. After fuse blows fan comes on. Ignitor works prior to fuse blowing but no gas. One resistor on board appears to have black mark.

View more questions Search