Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1998acuratl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 08:55 PM
    FuSe keeps shorting
    I have the 1998 acura 2.5 tl..

I have checked all fuses and relays. The have continuity and the relays click as long as my 20 amp fuse( controls the cruise control, ecu and ecm) under dash isn't blown. I did the k test on the map sensors and I get a 5.4 voltage range. The fuse only blows when I actually drive the car for about 20 seconds. The fuse will not blow/short circuit if I have the car in idle, neutral, or with brakes and handbrakes on while I am accelerating. As soon as I actually drive the car for 20 seconds, the 20 amp fuse then blows and I get the check engine light on, as well as a jerking sensation from my car (probably from the fuel injection system cutting fuel to the car). What possible could be my problem. Please help!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 14, 2008, 08:09 AM
    There's a real possibility that fuse also protects the circuit from a bad alternator, which may be shorting out. I would check out the alternator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ECU fuse and turn/reverse signal fuse problems [ 3 Answers ]

He, I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and has had electrical problems since the day I got it. This sh*t sucks. First, it was the ignition that kept burning up and I went through 3, and found the solution. Fixed that problem and now, there's another. The ECU fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing...

Shorting noise when fan is turned on [ 1 Answers ]

My remote controlled fan starting making a shorting kind of noise last week when I turn it on. I have replaced the variable wall switch already without any change. I am wanting to take the fan down and check for a shorted wire, connection,etc. I have no operator's manual as it was already mounted...

Furnace Shorting In and Out [ 3 Answers ]

I am have been noticing the past few days that my furnace is shorting in and out. When the thermostat kicks in, the heating element (I think that is the proper term) shorts in and out. The flame for the heater comes and goes while the fan in running. This is not happening every time the...

View more questions Search