Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soyuppy Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Lutron Dimmer Switch
    I have just bought several of the Lutron Dimmer switch from Home Depot. One that has on/off along with a sliding dimmer. When the switch is in OFF position, it has has little led that lit up servicing as a locator in the dark.

I'm simply just replacing these with an existing Leviton switch which is just an ON/OFF switch. The switch is controlling recess light on the ceiling.

Here's my questions:

The minute I put the dimmer switch, the line voltage change. Using voltmeter to test the line:
    1. When dimmer switch is set to OFF. Voltmeter read 30.4 in AC
    2. When dimmer switch is ON and the dimmer is slided to full brightness, the volt meter only read 90.1

But if I leave the line with Leviton switch, it's always 0 on OFF and 120.3 when ON.

I thought that the Lutron switch is defective, but all of them show the same behavior. Of course the light seem to work fine, even on the 90V line. But is the right behavior on all dimmer switches?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
    A call or email to Lutron tech support:
    Lutron - Innovations in Lighting Control

Should help answer your question.

I doubt anyone here has actually performed the tests that you have done to confirm or deny the results you have found.

I suspect all is fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring on dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leviton 057 dimmer switch , two black wires and one green. Have 12/3 wire in box which wire goes were?

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change a regular light switch (2 wires red and black) with a dimmer switch with 3 wires ( 2 black and a green) where do you connect these 3 wires? THX.

Dimmer switch is rinning [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two dimmer switches on two different lights and both are single pole. Now I have a high frequency ring tone when the switch is set on a low setting. The switches can be used for single or three way. Any suggestions other turn up the stereo? hoff179

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

View more questions Search